Ashford Park is one of Brookhaven’s most popular neighborhoods with a charming mixture of ranch homes, bungalows and new construction homes. Located in the 30319 and 30341 zip.
Here are the top 10 reasons we love Ashford Park and Brookhaven.
1. Location – Ashford Park is located north of Buckhead, just 3 1/2 miles north of Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza. A short five minute drive will put you in the heart of Buckhead’s shopping and dining district including Buckhead’s newest luxury retail shopping destination, Buckhead Atlanta.
2. Village Park – Located on Dresden Drive, in easy walking distance of Ashford Park, Village Park is home to two of Brookhaven’s most popular restaurants, Haven Restaurant and Valenza. Haven has been consistently featured as one of Atlanta’s top restaurants in Jezebel Magazine. Sunday evening is a particular favorite with half price off on featured wines.
3. Village Place – Across the street from Village Park, Village Place Brookhaven has a home design boutique which is filled with treasures, Marguerites on Dresden. There is also a wine market and tasting bar called POUR and The Beer Growler for a wide variety of craft beer. Verde Taqueria and Kaleidoscope Bistro & Pub are a big hit for casual dining. J. Christophers is always a favorite for breakfast and brunch!
4. Ashford Park Elementary – Nestled in the heart of Brookhaven, Ashford Park Elementary is located at 2968 Cravenridge Drive, NE, Atlanta, GA 30319. (678) 676-6702. Ashford Park has strong parent participation and is popular with Ashford park families. This public school continues to exceed the State of Georgia’s Annual Yearly Progress (AYP) expectations. Because it has exceeded AYP for 5 continuous years, Ashford Park Elementary has been given the status of “Distinguished School”. Enrollment is 380 students in grades Pre-K through 5th. The school provides tours to prospective parents, so make an appointment and check it out.
6. TOWN Brookhaven – TOWN Brookhaven, located just north of Ashford Park, is the newest mixed-use development in Brookhaven. This pedestrian friendly village has restaurants and boutiques. Town Brookhaven includes Costco, Moe’s, Slacks, Publix, Marshalls, LA Fitness and a movie theater with excellent dining and a full service bar, Cinebistro. Visit Boneheads, Shucks Oyster & Wine Bar and Baci by Cafe at Pharr. If you’re in the mood for lighter fare, check out Newk’s Express Cafe which serves fresh tossed salads, oven baked sandwiches, California style pizzas and homemade cakes. The apparel category includes Boogaloos, Edyn Boutique, Collage and Lila’s.
7. Community Park & Playground – Ashford Park has its own community park, Jeanne Kirkpatrick Memorial Ashford Park, located at 2980 Redding Road. This 3-acre DeKalb County park has a playground, basketball and tennis courts. The park now has a new building that residents can reserve for gatherings. To make reservations, call the Dekalb County information line at (404) 371-2631.
8. Annual events – There are lots of fun events in and around Ashford Park including the Brookhaven Bolt and the Brookhaven Arts Festival. The Brookhaven Bolt is a 5k walk/run benefiting Ashford Park Elementary that is held every May. Each October, Apple Valley Road, located behind the Brookhaven MARTA station, comes alive with art, crafts, music, food and fun during the Brookhaven Arts Festival! There are also numerous events held during the year at Oglethorpe University’s Museum of Art. Oglethorpe University is also home to the Georgia Shakespeare organization.
9. Easy Commute – There is a Brookhaven MARTA station at the corner of Peachtree and Dresden Drive with a train station and bus station. Daily and overnight parking is available. GA 400, I-85 and 285 are all within easy reach as well.
10. Dekalb County Taxes – Brookhaven is located just outside the City of Atlanta. Brookhaven became a city in 2012 which has given the residents improved services and better quality of life