Morningside and Ansley Park
Ansley Park and Morningside are two of the most beautiful historic neighborhoods in Atlanta.
Developed in 1904, Ansley Park is an oasis of gracious, elegant homes on tree-lined lanes surrounding Ansley Golf Club’s beautiful course. The historic neighborhood is located in midtown Atlanta, close to the Atlanta Botanical Garden, Piedmont Park and The High Museum. Ansley Park was chosen as our Neighborhood of the Week!
Morningside and it’s adjoining neighborhood, Lenox Park, offers stately homes with splendid architecture on lush lawns.
Quick Search: Search Ansley Park homes
New Construction Ansley Park Homes
Quick Search: Search Morningside homes
New Construction Morningside Homes
Custom search: See all homes for sale in Ansley Park, Morningside & Atlanta
Search for homes by school district – go to Advanced Search and search by Elementary School, Middle School or High School.
Find a home you will love! Create a home wish list and register for my free Home Finder Alert. You will receive an email each time a new home comes on the market that matches what you’re looking for, so you’ll be the first to see new listings!
Most of us are trying to live cleaner and greener these days and take better care of our planet. Here are a few ways to live greener in Morningside and Ansley Park:
- Eat fresh and support local farmers. Visit Morningside Farmers’ Market every Saturday year round from 8am to 11:30am. It is located at 1393 N. Highland Ave. The Green Market for Piedmont Park is open every Saturday from 9am – 1pm, May through December. It is located at Piedmont Park’s 12th Street entrance gate.
- Recycle. The City of Atlanta offers curbside recycling pickup on a voluntary basis. Every resident is given a small recycling bin when establishing service. Click here for City of Atlanta recycling information.
- Drive less, take MARTA. The Art Center & Lindbergh MARTA rail station are close to Ansley Park and Morningside. The Lindbergh station offers free same day parking and paid long term parking. Along with rail stations, there are numerous bus routes that will take you to locations throughout Atlanta and Atlanta suburbs.
- High Museum Wine Auction – Started in 1993, the wine auction is largest fundraising event for the High Museum of Art and is the top charity fundraising event in Atlanta.
- Atlanta Dogwood Festival – The Atlanta Dogwood Festival has art, live entertainment ranging from music to comedy, and a variety of food offerings. It is one often considered the city’s favorite free festival.
- Atlanta Pets Parade – Animal lovers and their pets will come together at Piedmont Park to support the Atlanta Humane Society.
- Midtown Tour of Homes – Year after year, the event offers an exciting two April days filled with amazing Midtown homes and their décor. Proceeds of Midtown Tour of Homes are used to preserve and restore historic Midtown.
- Cocktails in the Garden – Every Thursday evening from May to September, Cocktails in the Garden provides the only nighttime opportunity to explore the new features at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens which nearly double the size of the Garden.
- Screen on the Green – Watch movies on the lawn at Piedmont park. Different movies will play every Thursday evening during May and June. Admission is free.
- Uptown Rhodes Race – The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation invites you to join us for the annual Uptown Rhodes Race 5K. This exciting new run/walk event will start at Rhodes Hall and go through the historic neighborhoods of Ansley Park and Sherwood Forest.
- Atlanta Jazz Festival – The nation’s largest free jazz festival is in Piedmont Park
- Atlanta Arts Festival – Set in historic Piedmont Park, this autumn Festival of excellence in the arts is an event dedicated to bringing together outstanding artists from throughout the country with the large and enthusiastic art buying community of the Atlanta area.
- Concerts in the Garden – July – August, enjoy live music in Atlanta’s most beautiful venue, the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.
- Scarecrows in the Garden – During the month of October, Atlanta Botanical Garden is stuffed with more than 100 scarecrows handcrafted by businesses, individuals, schools and organizations
- Ansley Park Tour of Homes – Held each October featuring beautiful homes in the heart of Atlanta.
- Read more about Morningside, Ansley Park and Midtown on our Blog!
Art & Recreation
- Ansley Golf Club – Ansley Golf Club, one of Georgia’s premier 9-hole golf courses is located in elegant midtown Atlanta. This nine-hole golf course has been ranked in the top 5 nationally by Sports Illustrated in annual surveys.
- Alliance Theatre – Since 1968, the Alliance has served as Atlanta’s foremost theater, working within the local, national, and international communities to become one of the leading regional theaters in America.
- Piedmont Park – with approximately 189 acres, Atlanta’s Piedmont Park is the city’s favorite in-town park for hosting a variety of events and activities.
- Piedmont Dog Park -Opened in 2002, Piedmont Dog Park is one of the few locations in metro Atlanta where dogs may run free. This special off-leash area, open since 2002, is one of the most popular features of Piedmont Park.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden – The Atlanta Botanical Garden is adjacent to Piedmont Park on Piedmont Avenue and has a variety of year round events.
- High Museum of Art – From its stately home on Peachtree Street to its current award-winning buildings the High Museum of Art in Atlanta is a spectacular feast for the eyes.
- Atlanta Symphony – Established in 1945, performs 200 concerts annually at Atlanta Symphony Hall as well as around Georgia and internationally
- Fox Theatre – A landmark in Atlanta history, the Fabulous Fox Theatre opened in the 1920’s. It is home to Broadway plays, the Atlanta ballet, including The Nutcracker and musical artists from around the world.
- Morningside Nature Preserve – Thirty acres of of woods with trails for visitors to hike through the primarily undeveloped preserve. A new suspension bridge can be found over the fork of Peachtree Creek. The Morningside Nature Preserve can be found at Welbourne Drive and Windham Park.
- Herbert Taylor Park – Twenty-six acres of wooded trails nestled in Morningside along South Fork Creek and Rock Creek.
- MARTA – Atlanta’s public transportation system, including subways and buses, serving the city of Atlanta and Fulton and DeKalb counties. MARTA stands for Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority.
Atlanta offers outstanding academic options for children of all ages. In addition to the following list, you can find out more information about metro Atlanta schools at Great Schools.
- Haygood Weekday Children’s Ministries Preschool and Child Development – 1015 East Rock Springs Road, NE, Suite 101, Atlanta, GA 30306 404-873-5806 ext. 230 offers half day, full day and summer camp programs.
- The Children’s Center at All Saints – 644 W Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30308. (404)881-3790. Offers programs for children 6 weeks to 4 years.
- The Children’s School offers curriculum for children 3 years through Pre K. 345 Tenth Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309.
- First Presbyterian Preschool offers curriculum for children ages 18 months to Kindergarten. 1328 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309. (404) 892-8461.
- Morningside Presbyterian Preschool – 1411 North Morningside Drive, Atlanta, GA 30306 404-685-8758 offers Preschool for toddlers beginning at age 15 months through preK.
- Primrose School of Midtown at Colony Square – 1197 Peachtree Street. Atlanta, GA 30361. (404)745-9797. New in 2010, it is the first urban model for Primrose Schools and was designed for working in-town families.
- R. Kirk Landon Learning Center – 1015 Tumlin Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30318. (404)249-1500. Early education for children 6 weeks to 5 years.
- Mary Lin Elementary – 586 Candler Park Drive, Atlanta, GA 30307. (404) 802-8850. 500 students.
- Morningside Elementary – 1053 East Rock Springs Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30306. (404) 802-8950.
- Springdale Park Elementary – 1246 Ponce de Leon Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30306. (404) 802-6050.
- The Children’s School – 345 Tenth Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309. 384 students in grades Pre-K through 6th.
More information on Atlanta area Public and Private schools.
Selling your home
Selling your home in Morningside or Ansley Park? Becky combines traditional real estate methods with state-of-the-art Internet marketing. Each home is unique. Becky will meet with you, listen to your goals and customize a marketing plan for you and your home. When you list your home with Becky, your home will be receive professional staging, top quality photography, virtual tour, a website/URL devoted exclusively to your home, custom designed color brochure, agent-to-agent marketing strategies, consistent feedback from agents and buyers who view your home, top negotiating skills and contract-to-closing expertise. Schedule your Free Home Marketing Analysis.