Brittany is a popular Brookhaven neighborhood, close to Marist, St. Martin’s and Our Lady of Assumption (OLA) with pool, tennis courts, picnic pavilion, three story clubhouse, nature trails; all overlooking Silver Lake.
Located in the 30319 zip code, builders discovered this neighborhood’s large lots and outstanding location. New construction homes have joined the original homes in Brittany.
Here are the top 10 reasons we love Brittany and the Brookhaven Area of Atlanta.
- The Brittany Club – Built around Silver Lake, The Brittany Club offers members swimming, tennis, a playground, boat ramp, fishing dock and a beautiful clubhouse. The 6 lane swimming pool is home to the Barracuda swim team and is also used, along with a slide, for open swim. Year round ALTA and USTA tennis teams take advantage of the 6 lighted tennis courts. The Brittany Club also offers social events including a Fourth of July celebration, cookouts, super bowl party, holiday party, and summer camps.
- Silver Lake – Created in 1911, Silver Lake is a 28-acre lake that provides a tranquil area in the city. Residents can enjoy walking, boating, fishing and swimming.
- Location – Brittany is located northeast of Buckhead and just south of Dunwoody off of Windsor Parkway and Ashford Dunwoody Road. A short ten minute drive will put you in the heart of Buckhead’s shopping and dining district or in the heart of Perimeter’s shopping and dining district. See map of Brittany.
- TOWN Brookhaven – Located just South of Brittany, TOWN: Brookhaven is a very popular new mixed-use development in Brookhaven. This pedestrian friendly area has restaurants, boutiques and residential condos including Lila’s, Costco, Publix, Boogaloos, Collage, Slacks Restaurant, Marshall’s and Moe’s Southwest Grill. LA Fitness, a movie theater and Flying Biscuit are set to open soon. Look for more businesses to join TOWN Brookhaven in the near future.
- Blackburn Park – A 49-acre parked operated by Dekalb County. Blackburn Park has basketball courts, playground, softball fields, soccer fields, picnic areas and trails. It is also home to the Blackburn Tennis Center.
- Dekalb County Taxes – Brookhaven is located just outside the City of Atlanta in unincorporated DeKalb County. Taxes are more affordable than Buckhead which has Fulton County taxes and City of Atlanta. Brookhaven is exploring the possibility of forming a new city.
- Private Schools – Several private schools are found in the Brookhaven area just minutes from Brittany: Our Lady of Assumption Catholic School (Pre-k to 8th grade); St. Martin’s Episcopal School (Pre-k to 8th grade); St. Pius X High School (Pre-k to 8th grade); Marist School (Pre-k to 8th grade); Immaculate Heart of Mary (Kindergarten to 8th grade); The Galloway School (Preschool to 12th grade).
- Oglethorpe University – Located just south of Brittany, Oglethorpe is a private university with approximately 1100 students. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, Oglethorpe is known for its distinctive Gothic architecture style. Home to Georgia Shakespeare Festival, Oglethorpe also holds other community events.
- Golf – Capital City Club is a private country club offering golf, tennis, and swimming. The newly redesigned 18-hole golf course was opened in 2009.The Capital City Club – Brookhaven is located at 53 West Brookhaven Drive NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30319. Peachtree Golf Club is a private golf club with and 18-hole course located just east of Brittany at 4600 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30319.
- Johnson Ferry & Ashford Dunwoody Area – Just North of Brittany off of Johnson Ferry Road and Ashford Dunwoody Road, local residents take advantage of the many restaurants and retail stores in Cambridge Square and adjacent areas. Rita’s Italian Ice, Kroger, Starbucks, Chinawok, The UPS Store, Dollar Tree, and Los Bravos Mexican Restaurant can be found in Cambridge Square. Wing Ranch, Thai Lana, The Bat & Bull Pub, Dunwoody Cleaners, and Walgreens.