Did you know that there’s more to do at Piedmont Park than exercising and picnicking? Piedmont Park offers a variety of activities for the entire family. Below are just a few of the great opportunities to explore Piedmont Park.
- Stroller Walks & Story Time – A walk through the park, breakfast and story time. 1st & 3rd Tuesdays,8:30am – 10am from March through October
- Kid’s Cooking – Ages 3-17 – Using seasonal ingredients, children learn to make healthy snacks and foods. Classes happen one Saturday a month from May through October.
- Family Gardening Workshops – Want to grow a garden or need advice on your current garden? You may want to attend one or all of the workshops that occur one night a month from April to October.
- Historic Tours – Learn more about Piedmont Park from the beginning to now all while getting in some exercise. Every 1st and 3rd Saturdy from May through December, walk 1.5 mile around the park while a guide tells you the history of the park.
- Tango in the Park – Show off your Tango or learn the Tango at Piedmont’s Community Center Saturdays from 11:30am – 12:30pm from May through December.
- Green Market – Every Saturday Morning, May 1st through December 11th from 9am – 1pm come by Piedmont Park’s 12th Street entrance gate to find the open air farmers’ market with fresh produce, cheeses, flowers and miscellaneous merchandise.
For more information these activities or to view other Piedmont Park activities, go to www.piedmontpark.org.