Did you know that there is a lot more to do at Piedmont Park than exercising and picnicking? Piedmont Park offers a variety of activities for the entire family. Below are just a few of the great opportunities to explore Piedmont Park.
Spring is here! While some local farmers markets are opened now, others will be opening in April or May. Many of us are trying to eat healthier these days. Why not eat fresh and support local farmers by visiting area farmers markets? Below is a list of farmers markets in the Atlanta Metro area. Click on the individual links to find location address and times of operations.
OysterFest at Park Tavern is back!! On February 12, 2011, enjoy the full day of live music, cold beer, friends and a lot of fresh fried and steamed oysters. The festival starts at noon. Tickets are $15 plus the cost of food & drinks.
- Fried Oyster Basket – $10
- Bucket of Steamed Oysters – $15 (18 in a bucket)
- Live Music Line-up:
- 2pm: Life and Limb
- 4pm: Abbey Road (Beatles tribute)
- 6pm: Block Party (80’s cover)
For more information visit http://www.spiralentertainment.com.
Ansley Park home sales above $1 million:
2009 – 8 homes sold
Average list price $1,511,125
Average sales price $1,407,750
Average days on market – 106
2010 – 11 homes sold
Average list price $1,444,350
Average sales price $1,281,838
Average days on market – 271
Continue reading “Ansley Park Real Estate Report 2010”
Trying to decide what to do in Atlanta to ring in 2011? Below are a few things going on around town during the day and night of December 31st.
- Peach Drop – Celebrate the beginning of the New Year at Underground Atlanta. This 21st annual event starts at noon with a variety of family activities. At midnight, the Atlanta sky will be filled with an amazing fireworks display.
- Downtown Countdown New Year’s Eve – Head to the Hyatt Regency Atlanta in downtown for an open bar, dinner buffet, live entertainment, karaoke and more. This event sells out each year, so purchase tickets today.
- First Night Atlanta New Year’s Eve Festival – A block party along Peachtree in Midtown. There will be an art show, live music and fireworks at midnight.
- Yacht Rock New Year’s Eve at Park Tavern – This all-inclusive event (open bar, live music, food) is a guaranteed good time. Tickets start at $115, purchase soon as this event has been known to sell out.
- New Year’s Eve POParazzi – Spend the last Continue reading “New Year’s Eve Events in Atlanta”
Ice skating at Piedmont Park? YES! New in 2010, Park Tavern has created an ice skating rink under their Garden Tent. Up to 200 skaters can be on the ice at one time. Appropriately named, The Rink, will keep skaters Continue reading “The Rink at Park Tavern”
Atlanta Botanical Garden will have an impressive Holiday Model Trains display. The display is viewable from November 2 – January 2 (9am – 5pm). These trains will amaze young children to older adults. The Holiday Model Trains display is included in the Atlanta Botanical Garden regular admission.
Once you’re done looking at the G-Scale trains, hop on The Botanical Express. The children’s Continue reading “Holiday Fun at the Atlanta Botanical Garden”
Did you know that there’s more to do at Piedmont Park than exercising and picnicking? Piedmont Park offers a variety of activities for the entire family. Below are just a few of the great opportunities to explore Piedmont Park.
- Stroller Walks & Story Time – A walk through the park, breakfast and story time. 1st & 3rd Tuesdays,8:30am – 10am from March through October
- Kid’s Cooking – Ages 3-17 – Using seasonal ingredients, children learn to make healthy Continue reading “Piedmont Park Activites”
Screen on the Green has returned to Piedmont Park for 2010! Pack the picnic basket, grab a blanket, and head to The Meadow at Piedmont Park, Thursday nights beginning May 27th. Enjoy watching a blockbuster movie under the stars with views of Midtown Atlanta. The event is Continue reading “Screen on the Green 2010”
On Saturday, May 22, 2010, bring your strollers and well behaved, leashed pooch to Rhodes Hall for an exciting 5K run/walk through historic Ansley Park and Sherwood Forest. Registration is $20 until May 15th and $25 thereafter and can be done online. Proceeds go to The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation.
Rhodes hall is located at 1516 Peachtree St NW in Atlanta. Parking at Rhodes Hall is limited but a paid parking garage is located at 1545 Peachtree Street. Participants are Continue reading “2nd Annual Uptown Rhodes Race 5K”