Did you know that there is a lot more to do at Piedmont Park than exercising and picnicking? Piedmont Park offers a variety of activities for the entire family. Below are just a few of the great opportunities to explore Piedmont Park.
- Canning Workshops – Can your favorite produce so you can eat your favorite garden foods year round. Classes are offered from April through September.
- Kid’s Cooking – Ages 3-17 – Using seasonal ingredients, children learn to make healthy snacks and foods. Classes occur one Saturday a month from May through October.
- Family Gardening Workshops – Want to grow a garden or need advice on your current garden? You may want to attend one or all of the workshops that occur one night a month from April to October.
- Historic Tours – Learn more about Piedmont Park from the beginning to now all while getting in some exercise. Saturday mornings from April through November at 11am, walk 1.5 mile around the park while a guide tells you the history of the park.
- Tango in the Park – Show off your Tango or learn the Tango at Piedmont’s Community Center Saturdays from 11:30am – 12:30pm from May through July.
- Trivia in the Park – From April 21st, every 3rd Thursday of the month from 7pm – 9pm at the Dockside Visitors Center use your trivia knowledge and compete for prizes.
- Green Market – Every Saturday Morning, May 1st through December 11th from 9am – 1pm come by Piedmont Park’s 12th Street entrance gate to find the open air farmers’ market with fresh produce, cheeses, flowers and miscellaneous merchandise.
- Love You Healthy Series – Piedmont Park has different workouts available to help you lose weight, tone and feel great including Boot Camps and California style fitness.
For more information these activities or to view other Piedmont Park activities, go to www.piedmontpark.org.