Offered at $365,000
This quintessential 1950’s 4-sided brick home is situated on a large lot and located in the desirable Forrest Hills community. Just a stone’s throw from Avondale Estates and close to Oakhurst and downtown Decatur, there is easy access to parks, restaurants, and shopping, but without city taxes. Unique architectural details such as the arched brick entry way with steep pitched gable and vintage telephone nook in the hallway add distinct character to this special home. The large fully fenced backyard features professional landscaping including a rock wall, walking path, firepit, and bocce ball court with French drain system.
Enter into the sunny living room with new recessed lighting and large picture window. The separate dining room has been opened up to the kitchen creating a warm, inviting space—ideal for entertaining. The updated kitchen features granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, and white cabinets. Flow seamlessly through the French doors off the dining room and onto the large deck with bench seating overlooking the backyard.
Two of the three bedrooms are on the main level, each with two windows providing lots of natural light. The main floor bathroom has been updated with a custom carpentered farmhouse vanity with wall-mounted dual faucets and built-in linen shelving. The tub/shower combo has gorgeous tile and glass shower doors.
Upstairs features an updated half bath, third bedroom, and bonus room which is perfect for an office, playroom, or studio. Recent updates include brand new carpet and refurbished walls and ceilings that have also been freshly painted.
Forrest Hills is a well-established and highly sought-after neighborhood with its own nature park overlooking a creek and is within walking distance to the award-winning Museum School.
- County: DeKalb
- Subdivision: Forrest Hills
- FMLS ID: New Listing
- Year Built: 1951
- Bedrooms: 3
- Baths: 1.5
- SqFt: 1418
- Construction: 4-Sided Brick
- Architecture/Style: Bungalow
- Parking: Off-Street, Driveway, Parking Pad
- Elementary School: Avondale Elementary School and The Museum School (lottery)
- Middle School: Druid Hills Middle School
- High School: Druid Hills Charter High School
- Bedrooms: Two bedrooms on main, one bedroom upstairs
- Baths: Renovated full and half bath
- Kitchen Description: Granite countertops, white cabinets, stainless appliances, open to dining room
- Dining Description: Separate dining room, open to kitchen
Financial & Other
- List Price: $365,000
- Tax: $4,123 – 2019
Beacham & Company, Realtors ~ 3060 Peachtree Road, Suite 100 ~ Atlanta, GA 30305 404-261-6300 ~ Equal Housing Opportunity
* All information believed accurate but is not warranted. All rights reserved.
* Property listings are subject to errors, omissions, prior sale and withdrawals without notice.