Offered for $625,000
Quintessential craftsman bungalow located in Oakhurst, one of City of Decatur’s most desired neighborhoods. Beautifully landscaped front yard greets you as you make your way up to the spacious covered front porch. Enter through the craftsman-style front door into the living room with rustic wood mantle atop remnants of the original coal-burning fireplace. Wonderful open-concept floorplan affords views from the front door, through the dining room, and into the kitchen.
Flowing seamlessly from the living room, yet distinguished from the rest of the living space by its period-defining coffered ceiling, the large dining room confidently stands on its own and features designer lighting. You will want to spend lots of time in the updated kitchen with pantry, custom white cabinetry, granite counters, stainless steel appliances, under-cabinet lighting, and eat-in breakfast area.
Tucked away at the back of the home for maximum privacy, the owner’s retreat boasts a walk-in closet with custom built-ins. Spa-like en-suite master bathroom with double linen towers, dual vanities, custom stained-glass window, and double shower-heads. The two generously sized secondary bedrooms are located at the front of the house and share an updated bathroom with marble countertop.
Off the kitchen is the mudroom and laundry room, with space for extra storage. Thoughtfully landscaped backyard is fully fenced with a balance of flat grassy areas for playing, large Trex deck for lounging, reading, and entertaining, and extended driveway beyond double gate for private parking if desired.
Topping the list of features for 132 3rdAvenue is its extreme walkability. In just a few minutes you can walk to shops, restaurants, parks, schools, and East Lake MARTA Transit Station. Enjoy the walkability even more during the multiple annual neighborhood festivals such as Porchfest, Mardi Gras Parade, and BBQ, Blues and Bluegrass.
- County: DeKalb
- Subdivision: Oakhurst
- FMLS ID: 6569004
- Year Built: 1920
- Bedrooms: 3
- Baths: 2
- SqFt: 1600
- Construction: Brick
- Architecture/Style: Bungalow
- Parking: Driveway, Gated
- Elementary School: Oakhurst Elementary and 4/5 Academy at Fifth Avenue
- Middle School: Renfroe Middle School
- High School: Decatur High School
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2 Full
- Master Bath Description: Dual vanities, Double linen towers, tiled shower, stained-glass window, frameless shower door, double shower heads
- Kitchen Description: Granite countertops, breakfast bar, breakfast room, stainless appliances, white custom cabinets
- Dining Description: Separate dining room with coffered ceiling
Financial & Other
- List Price: $625,000
- Tax Amount: $8,063
- Tax Year: 2017
Beacham & Company, Realtors ~ 3060 Peachtree Road, Suite 100 ~ Atlanta, GA 30305 404-261-6300 ~ Equal Housing Opportunity
* All information believed accurate but is not warranted. All rights reserved.
* Property listings are subject to errors, omissions, prior sale and withdrawals without notice.