Offered at $465,000
Quintessential craftsman bungalow located in Oakhurst, one of City of Decatur’s most desired neighborhoods. Lush landscaping greets you as you make your way up to the spacious covered front porch and into the sun-drenched living room. Warm and inviting wood-burning masonry fireplace is flanked by built-in bookshelves, each topped with charming casement windows.
Through the original French doors off the living room, you will be led into the dining room with designer lighting and a decorative masonry fireplace. The tastefully renovated kitchen features custom white cabinetry, a mix of soapstone and Carrera marble counters, stainless steel appliances, and a farmhouse sink.
The two generously sized bedrooms, each with decorative fireplaces with gorgeous wood trimmed mantles and stone surrounds, are flooded with natural light. Recently renovated bathroom features leaded window, Carrera marble dual sink vanity, designer lighting and fixtures, and subway tile bath.
Carefully landscaped backyard is fully fenced with a balance of flat grassy areas for playing, lounging, and reading as well as a wide variety of flowers, trees, and other plants that will bring new surprises with each passing season. The fully mechanized gate at the top of the driveway provides private off-street parking and easy access to the rear of the home.
Ten-foot ceilings and heart pine flooring continue throughout the home making it feel open, bright, and airy. There is plenty of additional storage in the laundry room off the kitchen, and modern energy efficient features such as new insulation and a tankless water heater help keep the energy costs down.
Topping the list of features for 208 3rd Avenue is its extreme walkability. In just a few minutes, you can walk to shops, restaurants, parks, and transit. Enjoy the walkability even more during the multiple annual neighborhood festivals such as Porchfest, Mardi Gras Parade, and BBQ, Blues and Bluegrass.
- County: DeKalb
- Subdivision: Oakhurst
- FMLS ID: 6034644
- Year Built: 1920
- Bedrooms: 2
- Baths: 1
- SqFt: 1324
- Construction: Frame
- Architecture/Style: Bungalow
- Parking: Private Parking Pad, Mechanized Gate
- Elementary School: Oakhurst Hill Elementary School
- Middle School: Renfroe Middle School
- High School: Decatur High School
- Bedrooms: Two bedrooms with fireplaces
- Master Bath: Dual marble vanities, tiled shower, leaded window
- Kitchen Description: Soapstone and Carrera marble countertops, breakfast bar, stainless appliances, designer fixtures
- Dining Description: Separate dining room
Financial & Other
- List Price: $465,000
- Tax Amount: $6,710
- Tax Year: 2017
Beacham & Company, Realtors ~ 3060 Peachtree Road, Suite 100 ~ Atlanta, GA 30305 404-261-6300 ~ Equal Housing Opportunity
* All information believed accurate but is not warranted. All rights reserved.
* Property listings are subject to errors, omissions, prior sale and withdrawals without notice.