Brookhaven Heights is a popular Brookhaven neighborhood with a charming mixture of bungalows and new construction homes. Located in the 30319 zip code.
Here are the top 10 reasons we love Brookhaven Heights and the Brookhaven Area of Atlanta.
- Location – Brookhaven Heights is located northeast of Buckhead and just south of Dunwoody. A short five minute drive will put you in the heart of Buckhead’s shopping and dining district or in the heart of Perimeter’s shopping and dining district. See map of Brookhaven Heights.
- Village Park & Village Place – Village Park and Village Place, located on Dresden Drive, are home to Brookhaven’s most popular restaurants: Haven Restaurant; Kaleidoscope Bistro & Pub; Verde Taqueria; Valenza; POUR; J. Christophers and more!
- Cherokee Plaza – Walk to Cherokee Plaza with shops and restaurants including Starbucks, Bruster’s, Kroger, Sushi Mania, Canyon Burger, Chin Chin Chinese, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Elwood’s Pizza and Big Peach Running. It is located at the entrance to Brookhaven Heights at Colonial Drive and Peachtree Road. It’s a popular destination for resident walkers, joggers and bike riders.
- Brookhaven Station – Brookhaven Station is a hot spot for watching sports or dining outside. You’ll find Mellow Mushroom at Brookhaven Station.
- TOWN Brookhaven – TOWN: Brookhaven, located just north of Brookhaven Heights, is a new and very popular mixed-use development in Brookhaven. This pedestrian friendly area has restaurants, boutiques and residential condos. Costco, Publix, Slacks Restaurant, Marshall’s, Noche Restaurant, The Cup, and Moe’s Southwest Grill have opened. There is also an LA Fitness, a movie theater and Flying Biscuit.
- Community Association – Brookhaven Heights Community Association (BHCA) keeps residents informed and involved. With low annual dues ($50, members will receive information about the community through newsletters, Members Only section of BHCA website, and the BHCA Facebook page. BHCA also has social events, a member directory and neighborhood beautification projects.
- Easy Commute – The Brookhaven MARTA Station, at the corner of Peachtree Road and Dresden Drive, is a rail and bus station. Daily and overnight parking is available. GA 400, I-85 and I-285 are all within easy reach as well.
- Dekalb County Taxes – Brookhaven is located just outside the City of Atlanta in unincorporated DeKalb County. Taxes are more affordable than Buckhead which has Fulton County taxes and City of Atlanta. Brookhaven is exploring the possibility of forming a new city.
- Golf Courses – One of the oldest private clubs in the South, Capital City Club history dates back to 1883. The Capital City Country Club offers golf, tennis, and swimming. The newly redesigned 18-hole golf course, designed by Herbert Barker, was opened in 2009. The Capital City Club – Brookhaven is located just north of Brookhaven Heights at 53 West Brookhaven Drive NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30319. Peachtree Golf Club is a private golf club with and 18-hole course located northeast of Brookhaven Heights at 4600 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30319.
- Private Schools – Several private schools are found in the Brookhaven area just minutes from Brookhaven Heights: Our Lady of Assumption Catholic School (Pre-k to 8th grade); St. Martin’s Episcopal School (Pre-k to 8th grade); St. Pius X High School (Pre-k to 8th grade); Marist School (Pre-k to 8th grade); Immaculate Heart of Mary (Kindergarten to 8th grade); The Galloway School (Preschool to 12th grade).