Fernabnk Museum’s new 75-acre expansion, WildWoods, is now open to visitors!
Daily | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Fernbank Museum of Natural History
767 Clifton Rd. NE
Atlanta | 30307
The all-new outdoor experience features 10 acres of woodland adventures. Guests of all ages can now enjoy exploring the outdoors through permanent exhibitions elevated walkways, incredible vistas, and a pollinator-friendly meadow.
Included the in expansion, Fernbank Forest is the largest old-growth forest of its kind in a major metropolitan area! At 65 acres, the forest is home to an incredibly diverse ecosystem. Breathtaking champion trees thrive in its towering canopy – creating a habitat to a diverse range of birds, small mammals, amphibians, and reptiles!
Fernabnk Forest is now directly connected to the museum through WildWoods, which guests are invited to explore through self-guided tours.
WILDWOODS EXPANSION HIGHLIGHTS
- Nearly 10 acres of woodland adventures for all ages
- Nature Stories: Three individual exhibits designed for ages 8 and under
- Adventure Outpost: Dramatic views and hands-on experiences for teens and ‘tweens
- The Kendeda Education Pavilion: A “nature base camp” for educator-led programs
- Montgomery Highline Trace and Isdell Wildlife Sanctuary: Incredible perspectives of the immersive woodlands