No one does football like the South, and High Museum is kicking off tailgate season with an all-star lineup of events at their First Firday Tailgate Party. Sip on a curated cocktail while regaling in Southern storytelling, challenging a friend to a game of cornhole, or just taking in all the fun!
Friday | September 7th, 2018
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Free with Museum Admission
The First Friday of September invites you to an event that is part-art party, part-happy hour, and all-memorable! We have you covered with all of the highlights.
SEPTEMBER FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS
- Sing along to those throwback tunes with Atlanta Funk Society
- Celebrate The Bitter Southerner’s birthday with Southern stories in the Museum
- Make a bowtie with Indie Craft Experience and featured Atlanta artist Haberdashed & Co
- Hear from The Bitter Southerner writers in the galleries
Dana Hazels Seith reading from her Clermont Lounge story “No Cameras”
Cy Brown reading from his story “Carolina Dog”
Max Blau reading from his story about Chiliquila Ogletree
Ariel Felton reading from her story about Coco Papy
- Get educated on a gallery tour of Outliers and American Vanguard Art
- Test your drawing skills with Drawing in the Galleries
- Take your official tailgate photo in a photobooth by E.K. Sluder
- Enjoy drinks for purchase including a featured cocktail selected by The Bitter Southerner
- And more!
More information on events at the High Museum.