Don your best attire and start practicing your prom poses for a special edition of First Fridays at High Museum’s Alternative Prom! The throwback evening also celebrates all rebels, misfits, and renegades with the Outliers and American Vanguard Art exhibition.
Friday | August 3rd, 2018
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Free with Museum Admission
The First Friday of August invites you to an event that is part-art party, part-happy hour, and all-memorable! We have you covered with all of the highlights.
AUGUST FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS
- Don your best attire for our Alternative Prom
- See an original dance work by choreographer Okwae Miller
- Dance the night away to live music by DJ Ree de la Vega
- Make a corsage with Indie Craft Experience and a featured Atlanta artist
- Take a gallery tour of Outliers and American Vanguard Art
- Close-up—Got 10 minutes? Try these four fast and fun ways to look at artwork!
- Test your drawing skills with Drawing on the Orkin Terrace
- Strike a pose for your prom picture in a photobooth by E.K. Sluder
- Enjoy drinks for purchase
- And more!
More information on events at the High Museum.