The High Museum is turning up the volume with September’s Frequency Friday! With special tours, drawing demonstrations, live music, and featured guests, this month’s Frequency Friday invites you to an event that is part-art party, part-happy hour, and all-memorable!
Friday | September 6th, 2019
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
September’s Frequency Friday invites museum guests to relive the classic illustrated book made for the Talking Heads’ 1985 song “Stay Up Late.” Get inspired by Maira Kalman’s whimsical drawings set to the soundtrack by David Byrne with the following highlights:
- Keep it local with the featured Peachtree Cocktail, inspired by the Atlanta-based artists in the exhibition .Of Origins and Belonging, Drawn from Atlanta.
- Stay up late with ATL Collective as they perform the entire Little Creatures album by Talking Heads.
- Drink and Draw: Draw like an artist with instruction from Georgia State University drawing professor Michael Tolley while learning about interlocking forms in the body!
- Dance to tunes curated by DJ Black Box Disco.
- Slow down in the galleries with a docent-led tour.
Exhibitions on view during Frequency Friday:
- The Pursuit of Everything: Maira Kalman’s Books for Children
- Strange Light: The Photography of Clarence John Laughlin
- Supple Means of Connection
- Of Origins and Belonging, Drawn from Atlanta
Free with Museum Admission
More information on events at the High Museum.