Due to ongoing concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the High Museum of Art will close to the public effective immediately and will remain closed while continuing to assess and monitor developments. All High Museum of Art events and programs also are canceled until further notice.
The High Museum is turning up the volume with March’s HIGH Frequency Friday! With special tours, drawing demonstrations, live music, and featured guests, this month’s Frequency Friday invites you to an event that is part-art party, part-happy hour, and all-memorable!
Friday | March 6th, 2020
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
The High is celebrating Ghanaian Independence Day at March’s Frequency Friday! Kick off the evening with the Museum’s specialty cocktail of the night, learn Afrobeats dance moves with Cece Tor, and get a first look at the new exhibition Paa Joe: Gates of No Return.
- Dance the night away with sizzling West African tunes from DJ Dusei Da Great and DJ QMixx.
- Learn the hottest Afrobeats dance moves with instructor Cece Tor.
- Toast to the gold coast with the specialty Akwaaba cocktail made with rum and ginger beer.
- Drop in for drawing lessons with Georgia State University instructor Michael Tolley.
- Explore the new exhibition Paa Joe: Gates of No Return with artist Paa Joe and curators Katie Jentleson and Valérie Rousseau.
- Slow down during docent-led tours of the High’s permanent collection.
Free with Museum Admission
More information on events at the High Museum.