The High Museum is turning up the volume with November’s Frequency Friday! With special tours, drawing demonstrations, live music, and featured guests, this month’s Frequency Friday invites you to an event that is part-art party, part-happy hour, and all-memorable!
Friday | November 1st, 2019
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
November’s Frequency Friday invites museum guests to celebrate all things film and photography. Kick off the evening with the Museum’s signature cocktail, the Negative, and stick around for a poetry reading from Collin Kelley based on Sally Mann’s haunting photography! The Museum will also feature a rare screening of Solange’s new film When I Get Home.
- Watch an extended director’s cut featuring new scenes and musical arrangements of the interdisciplinary performance art film When I Get Home by Solange Knowles.
- Reflect during Collin Kelley’s readings of his award-winning poetry collection Render, based on Sally Mann’s photographs.
- Groove to smooth sounds from Dj ToNy SaYsO.
- Wind down with the Museum’s version of a tequila sunrise: The Negative.
- Drink and Draw like an artist with instruction from Georgia State University drawing professor Michael Tolley.
- Explore the galleries during docent-led tours.
Exhibitions on view during Frequency Friday:
- Strange Light: The Photography of Clarence John Laughlin
- “Something Over Something Else”: Romare Bearden’s Profile Series
- Sally Mann: A Thousand Crossings
- Fine Lines: American Works on Paper
Free with Museum Admission
More information on events at the High Museum.