Meadowbrook is a popular neighborhood on the border of Sandy Springs and Buckhead, close to Chastain Park.
The neighborhood has a combination of brick ranches and charming bungalows as well as new construction homes. Meadowbrook is located in Fulton County in the 30342 zip code.
See homes for sale in Meadowbrook
Here are the top 10 reasons why we love Meadowbrook and Sandy Springs.
- Location – Meadowbrook is located inside the perimeter on the border of Sandy Spring and Buckhead. Most of the neighborhood is in Sandy Springs, with a small portion in Buckhead. Residents of the neighborhood enjoy the close proximity to beautiful Chastain Park, and easy access to Buckhead via Roswell Road. The neighborhood lies just south of Windsor Parkway and east of Roswell Road. Click here to see a map of Meadowbrook.
- Schools – Most of the Meadowbrook neighborhood is zoned for schools: High Point Elementary, Ridgeview Charter Middle School, and Riverwood High School. A small portion of the neighborhood is in Buckhead in WARREN T JACKSON ELEMENTARY, SUTTON MIDDLE SCHOOL and NORTH ATLANTA HIGH SCHOOL district. Other private schools nearby include The Schenck School, Holy Spirit Preparatory School and The Gallaway School.
- Dining – Residents of Meadowbrook have convenient access to plenty of nearby dining. A short walk down the street, they will find restaurants such as: Three Dollar Cafe, Twisted Taco, La Fonda, Fellini’s Pizza, Caribou Coffee, Einstein’s Bagels, and Willie’s Mexican Grill. There is also a Fresh Market nearby, as well. Just a quick drive down Roswell Road, and there’s Zoe’s Kitchen, Marcello’s Pizza and Subs, Tin Lizzy’s, and Landmark Diner. Meadowbrook residents can also take advantage of all the Buckhead restaurants just a few minutes away.
- Shopping – Several boutiques and shops near the neighborhood include: Swoozie’s, Pretty Please, Tassels Jewelry, Road Runner Sports and The Blue Corset Company. Also nearby are 3 major malls, Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square Mall in Buckhead, and Perimeter Mall to the north.
- Chastain Park – Chastain Park is one of Atlanta’s largest parks, and it provides the community with many activities and year-round events. There are festivals, concerts in the amphitheater, baseball fields, tennis courts, a horse park, a golf course, and movies in the park during the summer months. The PATH Foundation trails provide walking, jogging, and cycling trails, and there is also a state-of-the-art playground in the park.
- North Fulton Golf Course – The North Fulton Golf Course is located in Chastain Park. It offers a scenic view of the Buckhead skyline from many points along the course. The 18-hole course opened in 1970 and was designed by Chandler Egan, the famous Bobby Jones, and Walter Hagen. This public course also prides itself on having one of the most difficult holes in Atlanta, hole number 18.
- Blue Heron Nature Preserve – Just south of the Meadowbrook neighborhood is the Blue Heron Nature Preserve. The twenty-five acre natural wilderness preserve offers tons of fun activities and learning opportunities. There is an art gallery, a beekeeping area, and a community garden. Other regular activities include bird walks, creek walks, and several classes to learn about seeds, plants, animals, and other elements of nature.
- Annual Events – Many annual events take place near the Meadowbrook neighborhood. The Chastain Park 4th of July Parade, the Chastain Park Arts Festival, and the Chastain Chill take place in Chastain Park. In downtown Sandy Springs, several events such as: the Sandy Springs Farmer’s Market and the Sandy Springs Festival take place annually. In Buckhead, the Fourth of July at Lenox Square, Peachtree Road Race, and the Lighting of Macy’s Great Tree also take place every year.
- Entertainment – Within walking distance, residents will find the Basement Theater which has stand-up comedy shows and improve classes. A quick drive north on Roswell Road, is Punchline Comedy Club. Meadowbrook residents can also take advantage of many Buckhead attractions, such as the Buckhead Theatre, AMC Phipps Plaza, Legoland, and the Atlanta History Center.
- Neighborhood– The Meadowbrook neighborhood is a very social neighborhood. Residents host many events throughout the year including: wine tastings, spring and fall adult parties, and activities during various holidays such as Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and 4th of July. The flat streets in the neighborhood make it easy to go on walks with family, friends, or pets.