Trying to decide what to do in Atlanta to ring in 2011? Below are a few things going on around town during the day and night of December 31st.
- Peach Drop – Celebrate the beginning of the New Year at Underground Atlanta. This 21st annual event starts at noon with a variety of family activities. At midnight, the Atlanta sky will be filled with an amazing fireworks display.
- Downtown Countdown New Year’s Eve – Head to the Hyatt Regency Atlanta in downtown for an open bar, dinner buffet, live entertainment, karaoke and more. This event sells out each year, so purchase tickets today.
- First Night Atlanta New Year’s Eve Festival – A block party along Peachtree in Midtown. There will be an art show, live music and fireworks at midnight.
- Yacht Rock New Year’s Eve at Park Tavern – This all-inclusive event (open bar, live music, food) is a guaranteed good time. Tickets start at $115, purchase soon as this event has been known to sell out.
- New Year’s Eve POParazzi – Spend the last evening of 2010 listening to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra’s all-Italian festival.
- Radio Disney Noon Year’s Eve in Smyrna – A dance party for the kids. There will be games and contests. 10:30am – 12:30pm.
- Chick-fil-A Bowl Parade – A free event to kick-off the festivities of the Chick-fil-A College Football Bowl. The parade starts at Peachtree St. & Ralph McGill Blvd and ends at the Georgia World Congress Center. 12:30pm – 2:00pm.
- New Year’s Eve Extravaganza at Medieval Times – A medieval tournament, feast, dancing and fun. Midnight will bring a balloon drop and champagne toast.
Is there an event we’re missing? Let us know so we can add it to the list.