Oakland Cemetery is celebrating over 40 years of Victorian tradition and fun at the Sunday in the Park festival! Families will enjoy a day filled with living history theatre performances, tours, an artists’ market, food trucks, live music, storytelling, crafts for kids, and a historical costume contest.
Sunday | September 29th, 2019
12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The FREE Victorian street festival has something for everyone! Enjoy an afternoon of live music, performances, food, learning activities, and fun for all ages.
- Living history performances are happening throughout the cemetery all afternoon
- Free tours will be leaving from the Out in the Rain Fountain every 15 minutes
- Author talks and book signings at the Visitor Center
- Performances by the Atlanta Opera
- Music at the Lion Square stage
- Historical Costume Contest at Lion Square Stage
- Performance by Big Bethel Heaven Bound Choir
- The Children’s Zone at Lion Square
- The Artists Market at North Public Grounds
- Food trucks at Lion Square
- Pop-up performers and buskers around the cemetery
- More than twenty mausolea are open for the public to see
Sunday in the Park hails from the tradition of revering the dead by celebrating life! Back before cities built public parks, average people would bring a picnic basket, musical instruments, and maybe a few adult libations to the local cemetery, which was often one of the only patches of public space in town.
All proceeds from Sunday in the Park benefit Historic Oakland Foundation’s mission to preserve, restore, enhance, and share Oakland Cemetery.