Tally Green in East Cobb is a swim/tennis community that is comprised of 133 homes with top East Cobb Schools – Mt Bethel Elementary, Dickerson Middle School and Walton High School. The active homeowner’s association provides many amenities and organizes fun events for the neighborhood. Most of the homes were built between 1979 and 1985 and have beautiful upgrades.
Tally Green has easy access to downtown Atlanta and the northern suburbs via GA-400. It is located in the 30068 zip code.
Here are the top 10 reasons why we love Tally Green and East Cobb.
- Homeowner’s Association – Many members of the Tally Green community work together to serve on the Homeowner’s Association Board. In addition to the standard board positions, there are also several special committees such as the welcoming committee, social, swim, and tennis committees. Neighbors enjoy being involved in their community, and participating in the many social events that they host each year. The HOA manages a resident directory, community website, and they also help with overseeing the neighborhood watch and community landscaping. There are also several special events that the HOA organizes, and the neighborhood even has an active book club that meets every month.
- Tally Green Swim and Tennis – One of the benefits of being a member of the Tally Green HOA includes access to the swim and tennis facilities in the neighborhood. There is a swimming pool that HOA members and their guests can enjoy, and a lifeguard is on duty at the pool every day of the week. The tennis courts can be used by any residents and their guests, and the courts can be used at any time. They also have an online reservation system so that tennis players can reserve a specific time that they wish to play.
- Schools – Tally Green is zoned for the Cobb County School District and residents attend: Mount Bethel Elementary School, Dickerson Middle School, and Walton High School. Dickerson Middle School has been recognized as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. Walton High School also has many awards, click here to see a list of their numerous awards and accomplishments.
- Shopping – Tally Green is a few minutes away from East Cobb’s beautiful outdoor-air shopping mall. The Avenues of East Cobb has stores such as: Bed Bath and Beyond, Gap, Eddie Bauer, Pottery Barn, Michaels, Loft, J. Crew, Banana Republic, Talbots, and more. Nearby, Merchant’s Walk also has a Kohl’s, Old Navy, ULTA, Whole Foods, and the Merchant’s Walk Stadium Cinema 14 movie theater.
- Dining – There are plenty of dining options near the Tally Green neighborhood. The shopping centers near Lower Roswell Road and Johnson Ferry Road have tasty places such as: Mellow Mushroom, Red Curry Thai, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Bradley’s Bar and Grill. The Avenues of East Cobb and the other shopping centers near there have several restaurants such as: Seed Kitchen and Bar, Marlow’s Tavern, Tijuana Joe’s Cantina, Houlihan’s, Zoës Kitchen, California Pizza Kitchen, Bamboo China Bistro,and La Madeleine.
- East Cobb & Marietta Events – Marietta and East Cobb have tons of annual events that neighbors of High Gates have convenient access to. There’s the: Marietta Easter Egg Hunt, Marietta Square Farmer’s Market, Holiday Lights at East Cobb Park, The East Cobber Parade and Festival, Taste of Marietta, Taste of East Cobb and Festival, Movie Nights at East Cobb Park, Fourth of July in the Park at Marietta Square, and much more!
- Chattahoochee River and Morgan Falls Reservoir – The Chattahoochee River is within walking distance to Tally Green. The National Park has over 50 miles of hiking trails along the Chattahoochee River, and the Morgan Falls Reservoir is just northeast of the neighborhood. The park offers a variety of hiking, fishing, boating, and picnic areas, and the park is a great place for a leisurely walk. Near the Morgan Falls Reservoir, visitors can go kayaking, canoeing, rafting, or have a picnic in an open field or at one of the designated picnic areas. Most of the Chattahoochee River flows at a slow pace, but some areas can contain up to Class 2 rapids.
- Chattahoochee Nature Center – The Chattahoochee Nature Center is located just up the road from Tally Green at 9135 Willeo Rd in Roswell. The center has events for children, families, and adults which include wildlife programs, environmental education, horticulture, and more. They also have several annual festivals, including the Earth Day Fest, Halloween Hikes, a Holiday Market, and the Flying Colors Butterfly Festival which usually takes place in July. There are also many clubs and camps for all ages and interests. The Chattahoochee Nature Center also makes a great place for weddings, conferences, birthday parties, and all types of celebrations or meetings.
- East Cobb Park – East Cobb Park is located just north of Fullers Park and is only minutes away from High Gates. The park features open grass fields, walking trails, stream overlooks, a playground, picnic pavilions, an outdoor classroom, and an outdoor stage. The large fenced-in play area, and the large loop walking trail, measuring .33 of a mile, makes the park a perfect place to play. The large band pavilion can be reserved in advance, and the three smaller pavilions are used on a first come, first served basis. East Cobb Park is also home to many of the East Cobb events.
- Location – Tally Green is located in he heart of East Cobb in Marietta. Residents enjoy all that East Cobb has to offer. The neighborhood is close to GA-400 which provides easy access to downtown Atlanta, or to Alpharetta in the north. Click here to see Tally Green on the map.