Virginia Highland, affectionately known as Va Hi, is a popular Intown Atlanta neighborhood known for its walkability.
Located in Fulton County in the 30306 zip code, the neighborhood consists of cottages, bungalows and new construction homes.
Search homes for sale in Virginia Highland by price:
Here are the top 10 reasons we love Virginia Highland and the Midtown Atlanta Area.
- Unique Homes – In the late 1800’s, the area now know as Virginia Highland, was opened up for suburban development with majority of the homes
being built in 1910’s and 1920’s. In the neighborhood today, you’ll find original bungalows, renovations and even new construction homes.
- Walk to Dining & Shopping – The intersection of North Virginia Avenue and Highland Avenue is filled with sidewalk cafes, trendy shops and places to enjoy an afternoon or evening out. Local favorites for eateries include Alon’s Bakery, Atkins Park, Murphy’s, and La Tavola.. Taco Mac, Moe’s & Joe’s. Yeah! Burger offers organic and gluten-Free Burgers.
- Schools – Virginia Highland is zoned for Springdale Elementary School, Inman Middle School and Grady High School. Inman Middle School has been recognized as a National School of Excellence.
- Location – Located in Atlanta, the heart Virginia-Highland is at the intersection of N. Virginia Ave. and Highland Ave. Virginia-Highland is conveniently located to Downtown Atlanta and Midtown Atlanta. See a map of Virginia Highland
- Parks & Green Space – The land at the corner of North Highland and St. Charles Place was purchased by the Virginia Highland Civic Association in 2008 to create New Highland Park. Freedom Park, Candler Park and Piedmont Park are large parks close to Virginia-Highland. Orme Park and John Howell Park are smaller parks located within walking distance.
- Art & Museums – The High Museum of Art and Atlanta Botanical Gardens are located close by in Midtown Atlanta. Callanwolde Fine Arts Center is just around the corner….and don’t forget the Center for Puppetry Arts, Georgia Aquarium and Zoo Atlanta.
- Music –Blind Willie’s is one of the best blue’s bars in Atlanta and is located in the heart of Virginia Highland. Dark Horse Tavern is another favorite! There are also music festivals held throughout the year in Piedmont Park, Decatur and Midtown Atlanta.
- Annual Events – Some of the biggest events in metro Atlanta happens in the Virginia-Highland neighborhood. VA HI is home to Virginia-Highland Summerfest, Virginia-Highland Fallfest, Dine Out for VaHi Parks and Virginia-Highland Tour of Homes
- Active Virginia Highland Civic Association – Virginia-Highland residents can get up-to-date information about their neighborhood and community through the Virginia-Highland Civic Association website, monthly meetings and the quarterly newsletter, The Voice, which is mailed to all residences.
- Surrounded by other charming Atlanta Intown Neighborhoods – Inman Park, Lake Claire, Little 5 Points, Druid Hills, and Decatur are a short distance from Virginia-Highland. Each neighborhood has it’s own parks, restaurants, annual events and shops.
Read more about the Virginia-Highland Civic Association.