About Chastain Park
Located in North Buckhead area of Atlanta and part of Sandy Springs, Chastain Park is a neighborhood with its own park as a centerpiece. At 268 areas, Chastain Memorial Park is the largest city park in Atlanta, Georgia. You will see neighbors walking and jogging on the walking paths throughout the year!
Chastain Park also includes baseball fields, home to NYO Sports (Northside Youth Organization), tennis courts ( Chastain Park Tennis Center), swimming pool, Chastain Park Golf Course, Chastain Park Horse Park, State Bank Amphitheatre at Chastain Park and even its own restaurant, Horseradish Grill!
Quick Search – Search homes for sale in the Chastain Park by price
New Construction Chastain Park Homes
Custom Search – See all homes in Chastain Park and the Atlanta area
Search for homes by school district – go to Advanced Search and search by Elementary School, Middle School or High School.
Find a home you will love! Create a home wish list and register for my free Home Finder Alert. You will receive an email each time a new home comes on the market that matches what you’re looking for, so you’ll be the first to see new listings! Register with confidence. I will never share your address with anyone. Promise.
Video of Chastain Park
See the sights and sounds of Chastain Park in this video.
View Chastain Park Market Reports below by price range. The report includes data gathered from First Multiple Listing Service (FMLS) for the last 6 months showing median price, percentage of list-to-sales price, days on market , inventory report and homes that have sold in the last 30 days. This report is provided as a snapshot of the Chastain Park real estate market. Contact our team for more specific information.
Chastain Park Programs & Amenities
Chastain Memorial, 234 W. Wieuca Road, 320 acres, 9 tennis courts, 2 baseball fields, pool, 18-hole golf course 404-255-0723, gymnasium with basketball court, weight facility and 5 ball fields 404-851-1273, Chastain Arts and Crafts Center, 135 W. Wieuca Road, 404-252-2927, Chastain Pool, Chastain Park, 235 W. Wieuca Road, 404-255-0863
PATH Foundation park trail: The trail is marked as two 5K courses and a separate 3K course. There are lights along the loop around North Fulton Golf Course to facilitate predawn and evening use, perfect for jogging, bicycling, walking. PDF map of Chastain Park trail
Play Chastain -State-of-the-art playground on West Wieuca Road across from the baseball field with 40,000-square-foot array of slides, wheelchair-accessible tree house, two rolling slides built for racing, three giant “oodle swings,” plus a climbing wall, outdoor piano and music station.
Chastain Horse Park, 4371 Powers Ferry Road, 404-252-4244. The Chastain Horse Park Therapeutic Riding Program for students with mental and physical disabilities and children-at-risk now serves over 350 students annually through summer camps and special therapeutic sessions throughout the year in addition to more than 145 students and adults each week. The school lesson program serves over 200 students each year. The program is accredited by NARHA (the North American Riding for the Handicapped Association). All the park’s instructors have attained a national instructor certification, and therapists have completed training through the American Hippotherapy Association.
Other offerings include the Hunter Equitation Program providing hunter/jumper riding lessons to the general public, horse boarding, and summer camps.
Formerly known as Chastain Park Amphitheatre, this unique venue has just undergone a 6+ million dollar renovation. The Amphitheatre is a magical place for music under the stars! The amphitheater is at 4469 Stella Drive. 404-233-2227. For tickets and information, visit www.chastainseries.com.
Chastain Park Tennis Center – Redesigned in 2010, the tennis center was built using EarthCraft Light Commercial building standards, a regional green building certification program for Southeast. With nine hard courts, the tennis center serves as a headquarters for more than 40 ALTA and USTA leagues and offers a full schedule of lessons. 110 W Wieuca Rd NE Atlanta, GA 30342 404-255-3210
Chastain Park Golf Course is located in the heart of Chastain Park. 216 W. Wieuca Road, Atlanta, GA 30342 404-255-0723. Want even more golf? Bobby Jones Golf Course is an 18 hole public golf course with a rich history. Built in 1932, this John Van Kleek design, dates back to the Civil War. 384 Woodward Way, Atlanta, GA 30305 404-355-1009
Play Ball! Northside Youth Organization Sports (NYO)NYO provides growth and development of young athletes through football, baseball, basketball, softball and cheerleading, NYO has grown to become one of the largest intra-league youth sports programs in the country. They serve nearly 2,500 area families and 5,000 children registered annually.
The Chastain Park pool is a great way to beat the summer heat! The Chastain Park Athletic Club (CPAC) maintains and operates the pool as a non-profit outreach. Its mission is to promote aquatic sports and life safety through community outreach. Pool hours for the public is 10 pm-5 pm during the summer. Members and their guests have extended hours daily from 5-8 pm and until 9 pm on Friday.
Shopping & Dining
Chastain Park has its own restaurant, Horseradish Grill, which grows many of its own organic vegetables and herbs. You will also find Landmark Diner. Food 101 is a favorite as well as Goldberg’s Deli. Fellini’s Pizza and its sister restaurant La Fonda Latina are also popular for lunch and dinner.
For a special treat, try 10 Degrees South which features South African cuisine and a lively bar filled with music. And speaking of music, Hal’s and Johnny’s Hideaway, go way back in Atlanta history as night spots not to be missed.
Most of us are trying to live cleaner and greener these days and take better care of our planet. Here are a few ways to live greener in Chastain Park.
- Join The Chastain Park Conservancy and work together to make Chastain Park cleaner, greener and safer. There are lots of opportunities to volunteer and get involved!
- Eat fresh and support local farmers. Visit the Peachtree Road Farmers’ Market is held at the Cathedral of St. Philip at 2744 Peachtree Road NW every Saturday 9:00 am- 12:30pm beginning in April and continuing through December. The Sandy Springs Farmers Market is held in the parking lot at 235 Sandy Springs Circle NW every Saturday 8:00 a.m.- noon beginning in April and continuing through December.
- Recycle. The Dick Schmalz Recycling Center is located at 460 Morgan Falls Road. Items accepted include paper, plastics, metals, aluminum, and glass. Click here for specific guidelines. If you live in the Atlanta city limits, the City of Atlanta offers curbside recycling pickup on a voluntary basis. Every resident is given a small recycling bin when establishing service. Click here for City of Atlanta recycling information.
- Drive less, take MARTA. There are numerous bus routes and rail routes that will take you to locations throughout Atlanta and Atlanta suburbs.
- Buckhead Spring Arts & Crafts Festival – A two day, outdoor event, transforming Chastain park into an outdoor gallery of spectacular arts and crafts. The event is held in May.
- Chastain Park Arts Festival – More than 100 fine artists and artisans exhibit their work during this two day event, transforming Chastain Park into an outdoor gallery of spectacular fine arts and crafts. This event is held in November.
- Chastain Park Amphitheatre Live Nation Concert Series – Every year, the Live Nation Concert Series A & B. Series A & B have approximately twelve shows.
- Chastain Park Rocks – Annual fundraiser for Chastain Park Conservancy. Fun-filled evening with friends and neighbors with live music and food under the stars at the Chastain Park Amphitheater,
Chastain Park offers outstanding academic options for children of all ages. In addition to the following list, you can find out more information about metro Atlanta schools at Great Schools.
- Creme de la Creme Preschool a national network of Early Learning Centers of Excellence dedicated to children infancy to five years. Several locations in Atlanta Metro. 4669 Roswell Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342. 404-256-4488.
- Peachtree Presbyterian Preschooloffers preschool for two year olds through 6 year olds. 3434 Roswell Road, Atlanta GA, 30305 404-842-5809
- St James United Methodist Preschool offers infant care from six weeks of age, preschool and after school care from age two through PreK. 4400 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta, Georgia 30342
- Wieuca Road Baptist offers childcare and preschool from age sixteen months through PreK. 3626 Peachtree Street, NE, Atlanta, GA 30326 404-233-5479
- North Atlanta High School – 2875 Northside Drive NW, Atlanta, GA 30305. (404) 802-4700. An International Baccalaureate school with over 1300 students in grades 9th through 12th.
- Warren T. Jackson Elementary School – 1325 Mt. Paran Road, Atlanta, GA 30327. (404) 842-3100. 503 students, a National Blue Ribbon School.
- The Galloway School located directly across the street from the Chastain Park Golf course in the heart of Chastain Park. Galloway is one of the area’s best private schools and offers learner-focused education for students from age three through 12th grade. 215 West Wieuca Road, NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30342 404-252-8389
- Holy Innocents Episcopal School – 805 Mount Vernon Hwy NW, Atlanta, GA 30328. (404) 255-4026. Serves 1323 students in grades PreK-12.
- Holy Spirit Preparatory School is a Catholic private, Pre-K through 12th Grade co-educational institution. The Preschool is located 4465 Northside Drive, Atlanta, GA 30327, 404-252-8008. The Lower School Campus is located at 4820 Long Island Drive, Atlanta, GA 30342, 404-255-0900 and the Upper School Campus is at 4449 Northside Drive, Atlanta, GA 30327, 678-904-2811.
- The Schenck School – 282 Mt. Paran Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30327. (404) 252-2591. The school was founded in 1959 by David Schenck to teach children with learning and dyslexia-related differences that cause difficulty with reading and specific language skills. The school has an outstanding reputation and serves 250 full-time day students in grades K-6 with a five-to-one student/teacher ratio.
- More information on Atlanta area Public and Private schools.
Selling your home
Selling your home in Chastain Park? Becky combines traditional real estate methods with state-of-the-art Internet marketing. Each home is unique. Becky will meet with you, listen to your goals and customize a marketing plan for you and your home. When you list your Chastain Park home with Becky, your home will be receive professional staging, top quality photography, virtual tour, a website/URL devoted exclusively to your home, custom designed color brochure, agent-to-agent marketing strategies, consistent feedback from agents and buyers who view your home, top negotiating skills and contract-to-closing expertise. Schedule your Free Home Marketing Analysis.
Read more about Chastain Park on our Blog!
Visit The Chastain Park Conservancy for activities and volunteer opportunities in Chastain Park.
More information on Atlanta area Public and Private Schools