About Vinings and Smyrna
Vinings is a small, exclusive enclave located in Cobb County, west of I-75, inside the perimeter, just north of the Chattahoochee River in zip code 30339. Vinings is rich in history and treasures the village feel of its community. Vinings Jubilee is in the heart of historic downtown Vinings and is loaded with shopping and dining choices. The train run through the center of the village and is part of Vining’s charm.
Smyrna is located in Cobb County, just north of Vinings, outside of the perimeter. Smyrna is home to SunTrust Park, the new home of the Atlanta Braves as well as host to concerts and events. You’ll also hear Smyrna affectionately referred to as “Smynings”, a tip of the hat to its proximity to Vinings. Much larger than Vinings, Smyrna provides a large variety of home choices in all price ranges. You’ll find brick homes, some in swim/tennis communities, townhomes, condominiums and even estate homes. The Silver Comet trail and walking trails along the Chattahoochee River, make this area a great choice if you enjoy outdoor living!
Quick Search: Search Vinings homes by price
New Construction Vinings Homes
Quick Search: Search Smyrna homes by price
New Construction Smyrna Homes
Search Vinings & Smyrna homes by Elementary School district
Search for homes by school district – go to Advanced Search and search by Elementary School, Middle School or High School.
Custom Search: See all homes for sale in Vinings, Smyrna and Atlanta
Find a home you will love! Create a home wish list and register for my free Home Finder Alert. You will receive an email each time a new home comes on the market that matches what you’re looking for, so you’ll be the first to see new listings!
Explore Vinings neighborhoods
- Avignon at Vinings – Located in the heart of Vinings Village, Avignon at Vinings is reminiscent of a romantic, European village on a hillside. It is a gated community which includes a neighborhood pool, wellness center and clubhouse. Homes for sale in Avignon at Vinings.
- Bakers Farm – An upscale luxury community of 50 homes built largely in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Bakers Farm is located on Woodland Brook Drive in the Vinings. Homes for sale in Bakers Farm.
- Carter Grove – Vinings hidden gem! This enclave of upscale homes is located in the heart of Vinings behind Old Vinings Inn. Walk to Vinings Village, shopping, dining and enjoy scenic walks along the Chattahoochee. Homes for sale in Carter Grove. Carter Grove was selected as our Neighborhood of the Week!
- Cochise – Situated on the banks of the Chattahoochee River, this traditional Vinings neighborhood has an active swim/tennis community. Homes for sale in Cochise.
- Drummond Point – A small neighborhood on Woodland Brook in Vinings built between 1996 and 2006. Drummond Point offers convenient access to the Vinings Village, One Ivy Walk and West Village. Homes for sale in Drummond Point.
- Highlands of Vinings – Luxury homes in the heart of Vinings. Walk to the shops and restaurants in Vinings Village. Homes for sale in Highlands of Vinings.
- Olde Vinings Registry – Small neighborhood located off Log Cabin Road inside I-285. Active homeowners associate maintains homeowners’ lawns. Homes for sale in Olde Vinings Registry.
- Paces View – Gated community of luxury homes and townhomes with European feel in walking distance of shops and restaurants in Vinings. Homes for sale in Paces View. Townhomes for sale in Paces View.
- Polo Place – An enclave of million dollar homes nestled in historic Vinings, just off Polo Lane Road. Polo Place homes offer luxury with the finest finishes. Homes for sale in Polo Place.
- The Battery on Paces Ferry – Luxury 3 & 4 story townhomes in the heart of Vinings. These brick 3 bedroom/3 1/2 bath townhomes are elevator ready and built to EarthCraft energy efficient green standards. Each home has top-of-the-line stainless appliances and gorgeous finishes including 10′ coffered ceilings, hardwood floors, and spacious decks which overlook the community pool. Walk to Vinings Village. See all Homes for sale at The Battery on Paces Ferry.
- Vinings Orchard – Is a community inspired by French Country style. It was built in 2008 on Log Cabin Road in Vinings. Homes for sale in Vinings Orchard.
Explore Smyrna Neighborhoods
- 2000 Paces Ferry – Situated at the intersection of Paces Ferry and Atlanta Road in Smyrna. The idyllic location is just two miles from historic Vinings Village and from The Market Village in Smyrna. Homes for sale in 2000 Paces Ferry.
- Cash Farms – Cash Farms is a small Smyrna neighborhood consisting of 13 high-end luxury custom homes built between 2002-2004. It is located near Cooper Lake Road within a half mile of the East West Connector in Smyrna. Homes for sale in Cash Farms.
- Collier Place – Located near Atlanta Road and Collier Road, it is a small community of Charleston inspired homes. Collier Place homes are within walking distance of Smyrna Market Village. Homes for sale in Collier Place.
- Cooper Lake Place- Built by O’Dwyer Homes. Close to Silver Comet Trail and new neighborhood park. Walk to shop and restaurants. Homes for sale in Cooper Lake Place.
- Cooper Lake Estates – Charming neighborhood located off Cooper Lake Road and South Cobb Drive. Built by Williamscraft. Homes for sale in Cooper Lake Estates.
- Enclave at Cooper Lake – Small community consisting of craftsman and traditional homes on wooded lots. Located near the end of North Cooper Lake Road, Enclave at Cooper Lake is walking distance to the Silver Comet Trail. Homes for sale in Enclave at Cooper Lake.
- Ennisbrook – A gated swim and tennis community located off South Cobb Drive and Church Road. Homes for sale in Ennisbrook.
- Heritage at Vinings – Built by John Wieland Homes, this active swim/tennis community is located off Atlanta Road just one mile south of Smyrna Market Village. Homes for sale in Heritage at Vinings.
- Oak Hills – Bordered by the nature-filled Heritage Park, Oak Hills is a scenic community located just off the East/West Connector. Some of the homes are EarthCraft certified which makes them more energy efficient. Homes for sale in Oak Hills.
- Old Cabin Trace – A quaint neighborhood, Old Cabin Trace consists of traditional homes. It is located on Campbell Road between Spring Road and Atlanta Road. The neighborhood is convenient to Smyrna Market Village, Historic Vinings Village and the newly remodeled Cumberland Mall. Homes for sale in Old Cabin Trace.
- Olde Vinings Mill – This swim/tennis neighborhood is conveniently located off Cooper Lake Drive and Atlanta Road. Homes for sale in Olde Vinings Mill.
- Paces Ferry Park – Excellent neighborhood with an active swim/tennis community. It is located off of Paces Ferry, just inside I-285. Homes for sale in Paces Ferry Park.
- Paces Green – Community consists of homes built by John Wieland. This swim and tennis neighborhood is located west of Atlanta Road off Cooper Lake Road. It is within walking distance to One Ivy Walk shops and restaurants. Homes for sale in Paces Green.
- Parkview Village – Craftsman-style bungalows are found in this conveniently located neighborhood. It is nestled behind Smyrna’s Village Green and is a short walking distance to the shops and restaurants at Smyrna Market Village. Homes for sale in Parkview Village.
- Spring Hill at Vinings – Nestled just between the city limits of Atlanta and Smyrna, Spring Hill at Vinings offers the best of both worlds. Easy access to I-285 and I-75. Homes for sale in Spring Hill at Vinings.
- Spring Street Village – Enjoy a short walk to Smyrna Market Village or a stroll through neighboring Durham Park when you live in one of the craftsman style homes in Spring Street Village. Homes for sale in Spring Street Village.
- Stonehaven at Vinings – Consisting of Earth Craft certified homes, this neighborhood is located one mile south of Paces Ferry Road on Atlanta Road. The community was constructed by Monte Hewett Homes. Homes for sale in Stonehaven at Vinings.
- The Grove at Coopers Pointe – Situated atop a hill, offering wonderful views of the bustling metro Atlanta skyline, but at the same time are set in a tranquil environment surrounded by large oak trees and mature plants. Homes were built to the highest quality architecture. Homes for sale in The Grove at Coopers Pointe.
- Vinings Estates – Located just south of the East/West Connector off Cooper Lake Road, it features beautiful homes on large homesites nestled in rolling hills and wooded terrain. A large master-planned neighborhood with all the amenities you’d expect from resort living. Homes for sale in Vinings Estates. Vinings Estate was highlighted as our Neighborhood of the Week.
- Vinings Pointe – Conveniently located off Campbell Road, this swim tennis community was built by Pulte Homes. Homes for sale in Vinings Pointe.
- West Vinings Place – A Charleston inspired community located east of Atlanta Road and north of Cumberland Parkway. Homes for sale in West Vinings Place.
- Woodland Brooke – Providing easy access to the Silver Comet Trail, Woodland Brooke is located south of the East West Connector off of Camp Highland Road. It is a swim and tennis neighborhood. Homes for sale in Woodland Brooke.
- Woodland Gate – Swim/tennis neighborhood located west of South Cobb Drive and south of East/West Connector. Homes for sale in Woodland Gate.
Shopping and Dining in Vinings & Smyrna
Vinings Jubilee, in the heart of historic downtown Vinings, is loaded with shopping and dining opportunities. The buildings that make up Vinings Jubilee feature an architectural element from the Victorian period. Vinings Jubilee opened in October 1986, complete with its street lanterns and a large clock tower as a beacon for the newcomer. Take a stroll on the pedestrian friendly walkways through Vinings Jubilee and shop at Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Sandpiper, Talbots, Due Maternity, and many more shops. After a day of shopping, enjoy southern cuisine at Vinings Inn, contemporary fare at Soho’s, a classic steak at Garrison’s or pizza with the family at Mellow Mushroom….or dine with a view of the Chattahoochee River at Canoe!
In October of 2002, Smyrna’s Market Village opened in downtown Smyrna. Market Village is the new social center of Smyrna with restaurant and shops. Above the stores and restaurants are townhomes which are private residences. Atkins Park, Vintage Tavern, Zucca and Moe’s Southwest Grill are some of the restaurants found in Market Village. Market Village is host to many city sponsored events which builds a strong sense of community with the small town charm.
If you prefer an indoor shopping center that is not susceptible to the sometimes harsh weather, then you can head to the newly renovated Cumberland Mall. In 2007 the makeover was completed with all new flooring, ceilings, pedestrian-friendly streetscape with fountains, new stores and new restaurants. Dining options include Maggiano’s Little Italy, The Cheesecake Factory, Ted’s Montana Grill and Stoney River Legendary Steaks, to name a few. Stores include Macy’s, Sears, Costco, Chico’s White House/Black Market, DSW Shoes, and many more.
Living Green in Vinings and Smyrna
Most of us are trying to live cleaner and greener these days and take better care of our planet. Here are a few ways to live greener in Vinings and Smyrna:
- Eat fresh and support local farmers. Visit the Marietta Square Farmers’ Market open year round. It is located at 65 Church Street, 30060 on the Historic Marietta Square.
- Recycle. Residents of Smyrna can take acceptable recycling items to the Smyrna Recycling Center located at 645 Smyrna Hill Drive. Click here to get more information and to see a list of acceptable items. Cobb County’s main recycling drop off location is at the Smurfit Stone Recycling Center located at 1775 County Services Parkway in Marietta. Smurfit Stone Recycling Center will accept items such as paper including newspapers and magazines, plastics, glass (green, brown and clear), aluminum cans, tin cans, and phone books. Click here to read more about this location and other Cobb County Recycling locations.
- Drive less, take public transportation. CCT has bus routes throughout Cobb County. If you need to go somewhere in Atlanta, there is a transfer center across from Cumberland Mall on Cumberland Boulevard. At the transfer center you can take MARTA to numerous locations throughout metro Atlanta.
Annual Events in Vinings and Smyrna
- Summer Concert Series – Get you groovin’ and movin’ to good tunes. It all happens on the Village Green in Smyrna!
- Smyrna Birthday Celebration – On the Village Green is where the fun and fireworks happen! Celebrate the birth of Smyrna with family and friends. High-energy music, festival foods, birthday festivities, a GIANT birthday cake, a kids entertainment area and fireworks at the end add to the excitement. This event takes place in August.
- Taste of Smyrna – You will be able to sample all Smyrna restaurants have to offer from over 30 restaurants. Enjoy entertainment throughout the day including, wonderful food and an enormous Kid Zone with tons of inflatables and much more. See you on the Village Green!
- Vinings Tour of Homes – The Vinings Historic Preservation Society hosts this annual September event. The homes on the tours offer a variety of styles and design.
- Fall Jonquil Festival – Shop the arts and crafts market and experience a wide selection of festival foods as you stroll through Smyrna’s Fall Jonquil Festival.
- Coming Home for the Holidays – Christmas tree lighting and holiday celebration on the Village Green.
- Christmas Tree Lighting at Vinings Jubilee – Enjoy the sounds of the season, tastes of holidays treats, rides on reindeer ponies and a special train, magic tricks and a visit from jolly old St. Nick himself. It’s all for fun, and fun for all!
- Read more about Vinings and Smyrna on our Blog!
Parks and Recreations
- Dogs Parks – Burger and Lake Court Parks have off-leash areas. Burger park is located at 680 Glendale Pl SE, Smyrna, GA 30080. Lake Court Park is located at 3500 Lake Dr SE., Smyrna, GA 30082.
- Smyrna Parks – Looking for a special place to hold your event? The Smyrna Parks and Recreation Department offers many beautiful parks to choose from. Each with picnic shelters and park facilities that are ideal for hosting a variety of events
- Silver Comet Trail – This 59-mile multi-use trail runs from Smyrna to the Georgia/Alabama border. Built on an abandoned rail right-of-way, this paved trail accommodates bicyclists, skaters and walkers, hikers, joggers and persons with disabilities.
- Smyrna Community Center – The Smyrna Community Center is a multi-use facility with meeting, athletics and activities space available for rental. It is located at 200 Village Green Circle in Smyrna.
- Aline Wolfe Adult Recreation Center – The Wolfe Adult Recreation Center is for adults, 55 years of age and older. The Wolfe Center features a meeting room/game room, an arts and crafts room, classroom/computer lab, and a fitness room complete with state-of-the-art exercise equipment designed especially for senior adults. It is located at 884 Church Street in Smyrna.
- CobbLinc – CobbLinc is your number one public transportation option throughout Cobb County and to Downtown Atlanta via Fixed, Express or Paratransit services. CobbLinc strives to provide a transit network that is convenient, accessible, customer-focused, safe, reliable and efficient.
- MARTA – Atlanta’s public transportation system, including subways and buses, serving the city of Atlanta and Fulton and DeKalb counties. MARTA stands for Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority.
Vinings and Smyrna offer outstanding academic options for children of all ages. In addition to the following list, you can find out more information about metro Atlanta schools at Great Schools.
- Covered Bridge Montessori School – 488 Hurt Road, Smyrna, GA 30082. (770)801-8292. Offers programs for children 18 months through 6 years.
- Vinings Academy – 1198 Concord Road, Smyrna, GA 30080 and 4425 South Cobb Drive, Smyrna, GA 30080. (770)805-0068. Preschool for children ages 2 through 5.
- Teasley Elementary – 3265 Brown Road, Smyrna, GA 30080. (678) 842-6838. 223 students from PK – 5th grade.
- King Springs Elementary – 1041 Reed Road, Smyrna, GA 30082.(678) 842-6944. 533 students from Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- Nickajack Elementary – 4555 Mavell Road, Smyrna, GA 30082. (678) 842-5814. 685 students from Pre-K through 5th grade.
- Teasley Elementary – 3640 Spring Hill Road SE, Smyrna, GA 30080. (770) 437-5945. 481 students in grades PK through 5th.
- Cobb County School Disctrict
- Covenant Christian School – 3130 Atlanta Road SE, Smyrna, GA 30080. 166 students in grades PreK through 8th.
- Holy Innocents Episcopal School – 805 Mount Vernon Highway NW, Atlanta, GA 30327. (404)255-4026. Serves 1323 students in grades PK – 12th.
- The Lovett School – 4075 Paces Ferry Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30327. (404) 262-3032. 1553 students in grades K – 12.
- Westminster – 1424 West Paces Ferry Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30327. (404) 355-8673. Pre-K to 12th grade with approximately 1850 students.
- Whitfield Academy – One Whitefield Drive, Mableton, GA 30126. (678) 305-3000. Serves 687 students in grades Pre-K through 12.
More information on Atlanta area Public and Private schools.
Selling your home
Selling your home in Vinings or Smyrna? Becky combines traditional real estate methods with state-of-the-art Internet marketing. Each home is unique. Becky will meet with you, listen to your goals and customize a marketing plan for you and your home. When you list your home with Becky, your home will be receive professional staging, top quality photography, virtual tour, a website/URL devoted exclusively to your home, custom designed color brochure, 24 hour buyer hot line, agent-to-agent marketing strategies, consistent feedback from agents and buyers who view your home, top negotiating skills and contract-to-closing expertise. Let’s talk about what your home is worth!