About Sandy Springs
Located in North Fulton County, part of Sandy Springs is located inside the perimeter, just north of Buckhead and west of GA400 and part is located outside the perimeter. The City of Sandy Springs is Georgia’s sixth largest city with a population of 98,000 residents. Proudly founded on December 1, 2005, it covers 356 miles of streets and roadways, the city encompasses national forests, the Chattahoochee River, national park sites, residential development, vibrant shopping and restaurants.
It has a new civic and cultural center contains City Offices, a Performing Arts Center, a studio theater, meeting space, retail and residential spaces, a city green and underground community parking.
Search Sandy Spring Homes
By Elementary School
Luxury Condos & Townhomes
Search for homes by school district – go to Advanced Search and search by Elementary School, Middle School or High School.
Custom Search: See all homes for sale in the Sandy Springs and Atlanta
Find a home you will love! Create a home wish list and register for our free Home Finder Alert. You will receive an email each time a new home comes on the market that matches what you’re looking for, so you’ll be the first to see new listings! Register with confidence. We will never share your address with anyone. Promise.
Sandy Springs Market Report
Stay informed! Learn more about the Sandy Spring Real Estate market including statistics on median price, list-to-sales price, days on market, inventory trends and see homes that have sold in the past 30 days.
This report is generated in real time and is provided as a snapshot of the Sandy Springs real estate market. Contact our team for more specific information and expert advice. View Sandy Springs Market Reports below by price range.
Click the link at the top of each report and get monthly market reports delivered to your inbox.
Explore Sandy Springs neighborhoods
There are many wonderful neighborhoods in Sandy Springs. Here are some of the best:
- Aberdeen Forest – The neighborhood is bounded by Glenridge Drive to the west, Mt. Vernon Highway to the north, Hammond Drive to the south, and Barfield Road to the east. Homes for sale in Aberdeen Forest.
- Bentwater – Homes for sale in Bentwater.
- Brookhaven Estates – Brookhaven Estates is a small upscale subdivision located at the corner of Peachtree-Dunwoody Road and Windsor Parkway. Homes for sale in Brookhaven Estates.
- Brookhaven Lakes – Brookhaven Lakes is a small, gate neighborhood comprised of 46 homes built between 2001 and 2007. It is conveniently located just west of Peachtree-Dunwoody Road and north of Windsor Parkway. Homes for sale in Brookhaven Lakes.
- Brookside Walk – A beautiful enclave of luxury homes in southern Sandy Springs. Although this private neighborhood is tucked away from traffic and noise. Brookside Walk is located just west of Roswell Road, south of Mount Paran Road off of Long Island Drive. Homes for sale in Brookside Walk.
- Cameron Glen – Homes for sale in Cameron Glen.
- Coldstream – Homes for sale in Coldstream.
- Deerfield – Swim/tennis neighborhood in North Dunwoody/Sandy Springs. Homes for sale in Deerfield.
- Derby Hills – Located off Peachtree Dunwoody Road, just north of Windsor Parkway. Homes for sale in Derby Hills.
- Dunroven Farms – Gated neighborhood, off Peachtree Dunwoody homes. Most of these homes have elevators. Homes for sale in Dunroven Farms.
- Gates at Glenridge – Gorgeous, gated community set on Glenridge Drive and Abernathy Road, minutes from everything. The EarthCraft homes are exceptional. Averaging 4,500 square feet, the four-side brick, custom estates offer lavish features and beautiful, open plans. Homes for sale in Gates at Glenridge.
- Gates on the River – Gated community located along the beautiful banks of the Chattahoochee River. Gates on the River was built between 2006 and 2008 and includes twelve classically designed homes. Homes for sale in Gates on the River.
- Grogans Bluff – Located off of Roswell Road, one mile south of Northridge Road. Amenities in this 150 home neighborhood include a swimming pool, lighted tennis courts, a clubhouse and professionally maintained common areas. Homes for sale in Grogans Bluff.
- Glenview – Glenview is centrally located for convenient access to the prestigious communities of Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, and Buckhead. Its close proximity to superb shopping, dining, entertainment, and the Perimeter business district, makes it one of the most desirable locations in Atlanta. Homes for sale in Glenview.
- Hammond Hills – A popular swim/tennis neighborhood consisting of over 100 homes. Hammond Hills was built built largely in the 1950s and 1960s. Homes for sale in Hammond Hills.
- High Brook – Homes for sale in High Brook.
- High Point – A great place to live and work! You won’t find a more convenient location with beautiful homes, friendly neighbors, and great shopping! Homes for sale in High Point.
- Huntcliff – Huntcliff is characterized by a variety of home styles built on large lots set upon softly rolling, wooded hills. The Huntcliff River Preserve, the recreational facility, encompasses four tennis courts, a swimming pool, horse stables and a network of walking trails carved out of 54 acres of river frontage and forest. Homes for sale in Huntcliff. Huntcliff was selected as our Neighborhood of the Week!
- Londonberry – The neighborhood is located south of I-285, and is bounded by Long Island Drive and Powers Ferry Road and consists of 130+ homes. Neighborhood activities include family picnics, neighborhood egg hunt & social, garden club luncheon, and monthly garden club programs. Homes for sale in Londonberry.
- Long Island Walk – Homes for sale in Long Island Walk.
- Meadowbrook – Meadowbrook is at the very South of Sandy Springs and is located on the south of Mount Vernon Highway just east of Roswell Road. Meadowbrook is within walking distance of Chastain Park and the North Fulton Golf Course. Homes for sale in Meadowbrook.
- Mt Vernon Parc – Mt Vernon Parc is a small community of 15 custom homes built in 2004 and 2005. Mt Vernon Parc homes offer fabuolous open floor plans, rich hardwood floors, high ceilings, heavy trimwork and a chef’s Kitchen. It is located off of Mount Vernon Highway between Roswell Road and Peachtree Dunwoody Road in Sandy Springs. Homes for sale in Mt Vernon Parc.
- Mount Vernon Walk – A small neighborhood of 20 homes, Mount Vernon Walk was built from 2008-2009. The neighborhood shares the swim/tennis amenities with Mount Vernon Woods. Mount Vernon Walk is located just east of Roswell Road off of Mount Vernon Highway. Homes for sale in Mount Vernon Walk.
- Mount Vernon Woods – Swim/tennis community with approximately 240 homes built primarily in the 1950’s. Homes for sale in Mount Vernon Woods.
- Northland Ridge – Located in zip code 30342 off Windsor Parkway, Northland has a mixture of older homes and new construction homes. Homes for sale in Northland.
- October Farm – Exquisite enclave of custom homes located off Spalding Drive in North Dunwoody/Sandy Springs. Homes for sale in October Farm.
- Old Stratton Chase – Has tree-lined streets and community tennis court. Homes for sale in Old Stratton Chase.
- Park Gate – Small cul-de-sac of custom homes off Mt. Paran Road, just west of Roswell Road. Homes for sale in Park Gate.
- Princeton Falls – Built by Peachtree Residential, Princeton Falls is located off Roswell Road. Homes for sale in Princeton Falls.
- Registry Glen – A small neighborhood of 39 elegant traditional homes built between 2006 and 2008. Registry Glen is located at the corner of Glenridge Drive and Mount Vernon Highway in Sandy Springs. Homes for sale in Registry Glen.
- Riley Place – Homes for sale in Riley Place.
- River Chase – Friendly and active neighborhood with many special amenities for residents, including a large swim facility, lighted tennis courts and a clubhouse and picnic area by the Chattahoochee River. Homes for sale in River Chase.
- River North – One of the first neighborhoods in Georgia to be certified by the National Wildlife Association as a habitat for endangered non-game wildlife species. River North is located north of Johnson Ferry Road and is tucked in between Riverside Drive and and the Chattahoochee River. Homes for sale in River North.
- River Shore Estates – The neighborhood was built largely in the 1960s, which means big lots and lots of trees in an established neighborhood and consists of over 80 homes. Homes for sale in River Shore Estates.
- Rivergate – Located in North Dunwoody/Sandy Spring, off Spalding Drive, Rivergate borders the Chattahoochee River and offers traditional southern homes on generous lots. View homes for sale in Rivergate. Rivergate was chosen as our Neighborhood of the Week!
- Riverside – Riverside Drive is a scenic drive which winds past some of the most beautiful homes in Atlanta. Located in Sandy Springs, just ouside the Perimeter in the Riverwood High School district. Homes for sale in Riverside.
- Meadowbrook – On the border of Sandy Springs and Buckhead, this neighborhood has charming bungalows, brick ranches and new construction homes with large lots. See homes for sale in Meadowbrook. See homes for sale in Meadowbrook.
- Suffolk Forest – Homes for sale in Suffolk Forest.
- The Bluffs at Marsh Creek – Custom homes by John Willis in Sandy Springs Homes for sale in The Bluffs at Marsh Creek.
- The Branches – Popular swim/tennis community located between Mount Vernon Road and Spalding, part of the neighborhood is in DeKalb County and part is in Fulton County. The neighborhood swim/tennis club, The Branches Club, includes a Clubhouse, outdoor two-level Pavilion, swimming pool, tennis courts, and playground. See homes for sale in The Branches. The Branches was selected as our Neighborhood of the Week.
- The Croft – An exclusive enclave of homes, located off Peachtree Dunwoody Road, just north of Windsor Parkway. Homes for sale in The Croft.
- The Enclave at Jett Ferry – Prestige, luxury and beauty combine in an enviable convenient location just minutes from GA 400. Elegant entrance gates set the stage for this exquisite thoughtfully designed neighborhood nestled on fifty acres off Jett Ferry Road amid rolling green space, a private lake and a natural park system. Homes for sale in The Enclave at Jett Ferry.
- Tiller Walk – Simply one of the most magnificent Sandy Springs neighborhoods and is comprised of 57 homes. A myriad of styles from French Chateaus, Swiss Alpine Villas to New England estates. It is conveniently located inside the Perimeter, just off of Mount Vernon Highway, providing easy access to both Downtown, Midtown, Buckhead and the Perimeter. Homes for sale in Tiller Walk.
Shopping and Dining
From boutique shopping and antiquing to shopping centers galore, Sandy Springs has shopping, shopping, shopping and more shopping!
The Sandy Springs business district focuses along Roswell Road and offers an array of services and shops. A renaissance is taking place, converting the central business district into a mixed-use, pedestrian friendly, living community with new residential, fashionable retail and trendy restaurants.
The Prado shopping center offers a little of something for everyone. Shop at Target, Peter Glenn Ski & Sports, Staples or dine at Kobe Steaks Japanese Restaurant, Panda Express, Taco Mac, or 5 Seasons Brewing. Pick up groceries at the convenient Publix Super Market.
One of the most popular shopping destinations in shopping is CityWalk Shopping Center. With a total of 32 different stores, 21 of which are relatively new, CityWalk Shopping Center offers gourmet foods, coffees from around the world, distinctive wines, fashionable clothing boutiques, and many intriguing specialty shops for people who enjoy shopping for fun.
Perimeter Mall offers the best in shopping, entertainment and dining! Whether you enjoy a relaxing dinner at one of the mall’s six signature restaurants or spend the day shopping at your favorite stores including Dillard’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom and 200 specialty shops and services, Perimeter Mall offers a friendly, fashionable experience in a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere. Although Perimeter Mall is located in Dunwoody, it borders Sandy Springs and is a top shopping location for Sandy Springs residents.
Health & Fitness
Sandy Springs has a wide assortment of health and fitness classes from yoga and Pilates to high-intensity weight training. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Peachtree Yoga – Peachtree Yoga offer Yoga classes for all levels of expertise. Classes include Basic Yoga, intermediate Flow, Power Flow, Pre-Natal Yoga and Yoga in Spanish. Peachtree Yoga is located at 6050 Sandy Springs Circle, Atlanta, GA 30328, 404-847-9642. Connect with Peachtree Yoga on FaceBook.
- Springs Yoga – Located in the Fountain Oaks shopping center, Springs Yoga offers classes for all levels and includes Gentle/Restorative Yoga as well as workshops. Springs Yoga is located at 4920 Roswell Road, Set 3, Atlanta, GA 30342.
- Concourse Athletic Club – Concourse Athletic Club has it all! State-of-the-Art Cardiovascular & Strength Equipment, Indoor Running Track, Racquetball and Squash, Spa Services & Massage, Full Size Basketball Gymnasium, Outdoor Clay Tennis Court, Indoor & Outdoor Saline Swimming Pools, as well as Whirlpools, Steamrooms & Saunas. They offer a full range of classes including Pilates, Yoga, Spinning, Water Aerobics, Zumba and more. They also offer personal training and children’s programs. Concourse Athletic Club is located at 8 Concourse Parkway, Sandy Springs, GA 30328, 770-698-2000. Connect with Concourse Athletic Club on FaceBook.
- LA Fitness – LA Fitness has an indoor basketball court, racquetball courts, pool, spa, sauna, juice bar and a kids club. They offer personal training as well as classes in Kickboxing, Cardio, Pilates, Water Aerobics, Spinning, Zumba, Yoga and more. LA Fitness is located at 6690 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, GA 30328, 404-478-4161. Connect with LA Fitness Sandy Springs on FaceBook.
Most of us are trying to live cleaner and greener these days and take better care of our planet. Here are a few ways to live greener in Sandy Springs:
- Eat fresh and support local farmers. Visit the Sandy Springs Farmers Market. The Sandy Springs Farmers Market is held in the parking lot at 235 Sandy Springs Circle NW every Saturday 8:00 a.m.- noon beginning in April and continuing through December.
- Recycle. The Dick Schmalz Recycling Center is located at 460 Morgan Falls Road. Items accepted include paper, plastics, metals, aluminum, and glass. Click here for specific guidelines.
- Drive less, take MARTA. There are a few MARTA rail stations in the Sandy Springs area (Dunwoody, Sandy North Springs and Sandy Springs). The Sandy Springs area rail stations offer free same day parking and paid extended stay parking. Along with rail routes, there are bus routes that will take you to numerous locations throughout Atlanta and Atlanta suburbs.
- Sandy Springs Festival – A celebration of community and tradition, the Festival includes something for people of all ages, races, customs and interests. The annual extravaganza involves more than 600 artists, crafters, entertainers and vendors from all over Georgia and the southeast with media coverage throughout the region.
- Taste of Sandy Springs – This one-day outdoor annual food festival showcases the community’s top restaurants and favorite eateries as well as celebrate the culinary arts.
- Sandy Springs Movies by Moonlight – In the fall, Movies are shown on a 45-foot screen on the terraced lawn at Sandy Springs United Methodist Church. Admission is FREE. Movie goers are encouraged to arrive early and picnic with family and friends. Pizza, popcorn, snacks and drinks will be for sale onsite.
- Read more about Sandy Springs on our Blog!
Parks and Recreation
- Abernathy Greenway Park – Imaginative park in Sandy Springs on the north side of Abernathy Road, between Roswell and River Valley roads.
- Morgan Falls Overlook Park – This 27 acre park features playground equipment shaped like a spider web, swings with stunning views of the Chattahoochee River and a stacked stone chimney which pre-dates the Civil War. The riverside park also includes a boat dock, playground, walking trails, restrooms, a large picnic pavilion and handicap accessible swings.
- Sandy Springs Historic Site and Park – A four-acre City park located in the heart of Sandy Springs. Each year, thousands of residents and visitors come to Heritage Green to enjoy free concerts, programs and events. A half mile north of I-285 and two blocks west of Roswell Road, Heritage Green is the best kept secret in town.
- Sandy Springs Tennis Center – The Sandy Springs Tennis Center is a lighted 24 court tennis facility. Named by Tennis Magazine as “one of the finest public facilities in the country”, this center serves as the hub for tennis activity in Atlanta and Fulton County. It is located at 500 Abernathy Road in Sandy Springs.
- John Ripley Forbes Big Trees Forest Preserve – A beautiful and unique 30-acre Fulton County Tree, Plant and Wildlife Sanctuary. It is designed and managed as a forest education center offering passive recreation walks along 1 1/2 miles of wood mulched walking trails. The Forest is open sunrise to sunset, seven days each week. There is ample free parking. Dogs on leashes are welcomed in the Forest. The Forest is located next to the North Fulton County Government Annex building at 7741 Roswell Road.
- Abernathy Arts Center – A neighborhood arts center dedicated to providing quality arts instruction to the community in a warm and friendly environment. A facility of the Fulton County Arts Council, we offer a broad range of day and evening classes and workshops for both adults and children. It is located at 254 Johnson Ferry Road NW.
- Sandy Springs Parks and Facilities – Recreation and Parks is responsible for maintaining parks and providing recreation programming in Sandy Springs. There are a total of thirteen parks and green space areas within Sandy Springs, three of which provide recreational facilities.
- MARTA – Atlanta’s public transportation system, including subways and buses, serving the city of Atlanta and Fulton and DeKalb counties. MARTA stands for Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority. Sandy Springs rail station offers short and long term parking.
Sandy Springs offers outstanding academic options for children of all ages. In addition to the following list, you can find out more information about metro Atlanta schools at Great Schools.
- Creme de la Creme – a national network of Early Learning Centers of Excellence dedicated to children infancy to five years. Several locations in Atlanta Metro. 4669 Roswell Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342. (404) 256-4488.
- Dunwoody Baptist Preschool offers preschool from 9 months through PreK. 1445 Mount Vernon Rd Atlanta, GA 30338. (770)280-1200.
- Peachtree Presbyterian Preschool offers preschool for two year olds through 6 year olds. 3434 Roswell Road, Atlanta GA, 30305. (404) 842-5809.
- Heards Ferry Elementary – 1050 Heards Ferry Rd NW Atlanta, GA 30328. (770) 933-6190. Serves 380 students in grades Pre-K through 5th.
- Riverwood High School – 5900 Heards Drive NW, Atlanta, GA 30328. (404) 847-1980. Riverwood is the #1 high school in Fulton County, #2 in the state of Georgia, and #148 in the nation for 2009-2010 school year according to Newsweek. 1316 students in grades 9 – 12.
- Learn more about Fulton County Charter Schools
- Fulton County Schools
- The Epstein School – 335 Colewood Way NW, Atlanta, GA 30328. (404) 250-5600. A private, co-ed, Jewish affiliated school, serving grades Pre-K through 8.
- Holy Innocents Episcopal School – 805 Mount Vernon Hwy NW, Atlanta, GA 30328. (404) 255-4026. Serves 1323 students in grades PK-12.
- Mt. Vernon Presbyterian – 471 Mt Vernon Highway, Atlanta, GA 30328. (404) 252-3448. A coed and Presbyterian affiliated private school, serving 864 students in grades Pre-K through 12.
More information on Atlanta area Public and Private schools.
Selling your home
Selling your home in Sandy Springs? Morris Raney Real Estate combines traditional real estate methods with state-of-the-art Internet marketing.
Each home is unique. Our team will meet with you, listen to your goals and customize a marketing plan for you and your home. When you list your Sandy Springs home with the Morris Raney team, your home will be receive professional staging, magazine quality photography, virtual tour, a website devoted exclusively to your home, custom designed color brochure, agent-to-agent marketing strategies, consistent feedback from agents and buyers who view your home, top negotiating skills and contract-to-closing expertise.