About East Cobb and Marietta
Low taxes and great schools are just the beginning! East Cobb boasts family fun galore, including roller skating, ice skating, ballet, gymnastics, little league, soccer and more!
Shopping? Check out The Avenue East Cobb. This outdoor complex is a shopper’s paradise. Approximately 50 shops promise the best of upscale retail shopping, and you’re certain to find a bargain or two in the process. Among the shops you will find are Banana Republic, Gap, Harry and David, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Borders, and Bed, Bath & Beyond. And don’t forget to check out Trader Joe’s, an adventure in grocery shopping!
Quick Search: Search East Cobb homes by price
New Construction East Cobb Homes
See all homes for sale in the East Cobb by school district
Search for homes by school district – go to Advanced Search and search by Elementary School, Middle School or High School.
Custom Search: See all homes for sale in the East Cobb & Atlanta
Find a home you will love! Create a home wish list and register for our free Home Finder Alert. You will receive an email each time a new home comes on the market that matches what you’re looking for, so you’ll be the first to see new listings! Register with confidence. I will never share your address with anyone. Promise.
East Cobb Market Report
Stay informed! Learn more about the East Cobb Real Estate market including statistics on median price, list-to-sales price, days on market, inventory trends and see homes that have sold in the past 30 days.
This report is generated in real time and is provided as a snapshot of the East Cobb real estate market. Contact our team for more specific information and expert advice. View East Cobb Market Reports below by price range.
Click the link at the top of each report and get monthly market reports delivered to your inbox.
Video of East Cobb
See the sights and sounds of East Cobb in this video.
Explore East Cobb’s Neighborhoods in Marietta
East Cobb has many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from. Here is a sample:
- Atlanta Country Club Estates – Atlanta Country Club is located off Paper Mill Road and offers a spectacular 7018 yard championship golf course, clubhouse, swimming pool and tennis courts. View homes for sale in Atlanta Country Club Estates. Atlanta Country Club Estates was selected as our Neighborhood of the Week!
- Baldwin Farms – Located off Little Willeo Road, Baldwin Farms includes clubhouse, swimming pool, tennis courts and a lake. See homes for sale in Baldwin Farms.
- Bellingham – Enclave of custom built million dollar homes in Timber Ridge/Walton school district. Homes for sale in Bellingham.
- Belmont – Swim/tennis community with club house and playground. Homes for sale in Belmont.
- Bishop Lake – Private lake community in top ranked Pope High School district. Homes for sale in Bishop Lake.
- Brookshyre Manor – Million dollar custom luxury homes in top ranked Walton High School district. See homes for sale in Brookshyre Manor.
- Camden Place – Sought-after swim/tennis neighborhood in Mount Bethel/Dickerson/Walton school district. Homes for sale in Camden Place.
- Chadds Creek – Swim/tennis neighborhood in Pope High School district. View Homes for sale in Chadds Creek.
- Chadds Ford – A swim/tennis community with an active home owners association and annual social events. Homes for sale in Chadds Ford.
- Chimney Springs – Chimney Springs is a top-notch swim/tennis community with beautiful homes in contemporary, ranch and traditional styles on wooded 1/2 to 3/4 acre lots. It is located at Post Oak Tritt east of Johnson Ferry Road Homes for sale in Chimney Springs.
- East Park – East Park is a master planned community on 362 homesites in East Cobb with the quaint old-fashioned charm of Colonial Virginia.The community of East Park also revives traditional town planning concepts by including green parks and sidewalks. There’s something for the whole family to enjoy at East Park including Resort Style Pool, Clubhouse, Tennis Center and gathering Gazebo. Homes for sale in East Park.
- Edgewater Cove – Popular swim/tennis neighborhood bordering East Cobb and Roswell Homes for sale in Edgewater Cove.
- Easthampton – Built by John Wieland, Easthampton is located off Upper Roswell Road, close to The Avenues. The neighborhood features a club house, tennis courts, playground, lake and swimming pool with a water slide. Homes for sale in Easthampton. EastHampton was selected as our Neighborhood of the Week!
- Five Lakeside – Five Nantucket-style luxury homes built by Brightwater Homes overlooking Twin Lake with private park. Homes for sale in Five Lakeside.
- Fox Hills – Great location in Sope Creek Elementary School district. Homes for sale in Fox Hills.
- Grand Oaks – Craftsman style and traditional homes built by Home South Communities in top ranked Pope High School district. Homes for sale in Grand Oaks.
- Greyfield on Oak Lane – Homes for sale in Greyfield on Oak Lane. Beautiful luxury traditional and European-style homes in top ranked Pope High School district
- Hadley Walk – Beautiful homes built by Peachtree Residential in sought-after Tritt/Pope school district. Homes for sale in Hadley Walk.
- Hampton Farms – Sought-after swim/tennis neighborhood in Sope Creek/Dickerson/Walton school district. Homes for sale in Hampton Farms.
- Hampton Lake – Swim/tennis community with private lake in Mount Bethel/Dickerson/Walton school district. Homes for sale in Hampton Lake.
- Heathermoor – European-inspired and traditional luxury homes in top ranked Walton High School district. Homes for sale in Heathermoor.
- Heyward Square – Homes for sale in Heyward Square. Luxury home community with traditional and European-style homes in Mount Bethel/Dickerson/Walton school district.
- High Gates – Community of European inspired custom built luxury homes in top ranked Walton High School district. Located near Fullers Park. Homes for sale in High Gates.
- Highlands at Wesley Chapel – Swim/tennis community with top new home builders including John Wieland Homes. Homes for sale in Highlands at Wesley Chapel
- Hynes Park – 17 European-inspired brick and stone manor executive homes in Sope Creek/Dickerson/Walton school districts. Homes for sale in Hynes Park.
- Indian Hills – Homes for sale in Indian Hills. Sought-after Country Club community with golf course, pool, tennis courts, club house and more! Indian Hills was selected as our Neighborhood of the week!
- Kings Farm – Swim/tennis neighborhood with playground. Homes for sale in Kings Farm.
- Lake Fjord – Private lake communtiy with a wide variety of home styles Homes for sale in Lake Fjord.
- Mabry Manor – Beautiful clubhouse, pool and tennis courts are the highlight of Mabry Manor. Built by two top home builders – Ashton Woods and Edward Andrews Homes in top ranked Pope High School district. Homes for sale in Mabry Manor
- Northampton – Popular swim/tennis community built by John Wieland in top ranked Lassister High School district. Homes for sale in Northampton
- New Bedford – Swim/tennis community in top ranked Mount Bethel/Dickerson/Walton school districtl. Homes for sale in New Bedford.
- Old Paper Mill – Swim/tennis neighborhood with playground and clubhouse. Homes for sale in Old Paper Mill.
- Preserve at Lost Mill Trace – Luxury homes in top ranked Walton High School district built by Traton Homes and David Weekly Homes. Homes for sale in Preserve at Lost Mill Trace.
- Princeton Cove – Swim/Tennis community with playground, sidewalks, and street lights. Homes for sale in Princeton Cove.
- Princeton Mill – A swim and tennis community located just off Robinson Road. Princeton Mill has an active home owners association and has annual events for adults and children. Homes for sale in Princeton Mill.
- River Park – Homes for sale in River Park.
- Rivers Call – Surrounded on three sides by the incomparable beauty of the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, this unique guarded community offers the quiet elegance of a classic country home with close-in convenience. Homes for sale in Rivers Call.
- Sibley Forest – Nestled in the woods, Sibley Forest is home to 301 families and boasts features that make Sibley a great place to live. Sibley offers a great location, annual events, active clubs, swim, tennis and clubhouse. Homes for sale in Sibley Forest.
- Sibley on Paper Mill – Built by award-winning builders these luxury homes will appeal to those who appreciate the finer points of a quality custom-built home. Homes for sale in Sibley on Paper Mill.
- Somerset – First developed in the early 1970’s Somerset is now filled with mature trees and landscaping providing seasonal beauty all year around. Somerset has a wide variety of architectural styles. Amenities include Clubhouse, Swimming Pool, Tennis Courts and Lake. The neighborhood is very sociable with many clubs and activities. Homes for sale in Somerset.
- Stone Hall – Gated community in Walton High School district. Homes for sale in Stone Hall.
- Tally Green – Conveniently located in East Cobb County. The subdivision features a variety of amenities including swim and tennis. Tally Green is zoned to Mount Bethel Elementary School, Dickerson Middle School, and Walton High School. Homes for sale in Tally Green.
- Tiffany Park – exclusive enclave of homes in the Mount Bethel Elementary, Dickerson Middle School and Walton High School. Homes range in price from the mid 900’s to over $1 million. Homes for sale in Tiffany Park.
- The Estates at Davis Ridge – Luxurious Craftsman and traditional homes built by Traton Homes. Top school district. Homes for sale in The Estates at Davis Ridge.
- The Oaks on Woodlawn – 21 executive luxury homes with lawn maintenance included. Homes for sale in The Oaks on Woodlawn.
- Ward Meade Farm – Located off Paper Mill Road, this swim and tennis community is located across from Sope Creek Elementary School. Homes for sale in Ward Meade Farm.
- Waterford Green – Waterford Green is a sought-after swim/tennis with many social activities for adults and children held throughout the year including Family Movie Night, Pre-Trick or Treat Gathering, Visit with Santa and Hanukkah Party, Egg Hunt, 4th of July Cookout, Back to School Party and End of School Party. For the adults, mix and mingle at the Wine Tasting Party, Holiday Party and Fiesta Party. See homes for sale in Waterford Green.
- Westbury Park – Westbury Park is located in the prestigious area of East Cobb. The community is in walking distance to schools including Sope Creek Elementary School, East Cobb Middle School, and Wheeler High School. Homes for sale in Westbury Park.
- Woodlawn Walk – Charming neighborhood of executive-style luxury homes. Homes for sale in Woodlawn Walk.
- More East Cobb and Marietta Neighborhoods – Search all neighborhoods in East Cobb and Marietta.
Shopping and Dining
All you have to do is look around the intersection of Johnson Ferry Road and Roswell Road and you will have made it to the retail district of East Cobb-Marietta. The south side of the intersection you will find Old Navy, Kohl’s, PetsMart, a movie theater and more at the Merchants Walk Shopping Center. On the west side, a center shopping was recently erected around a new Target. On the east side of the intersection shop at Trader Joe’s. East Cobb has a gorgeous outdoor-air shopping mall called The Avenue East Cobb. The Avenue features an array of restaurants, ice cream parlors, clothing stores, home decorating stores, music & movie stores--you name it, the Avenue has it! It is the perfect place to spend the weekend strolling around and looking in all the different stores. It is located just north of the Johnson Ferry Road and Roswell Road intersection on Roswell Road.
My favorite restaurant in East Cobb is Seed Kitchen & Bar, located at 1311 Johnson Ferry Road in the Merchants Walk shopping center. Also check out their sister restaurants, Stem Wine Bar and Drift Fish House & Oyster Bar.
Health & Fitness
East Cobb has a wide assortment of health and fitness classes from yoga and Pilates to high-intensity weight training. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Dance Stop Studios – In addition to offering a range of dance classes for the pre-school through advanced-professional, Dance Stop offer a wide variety of fitness classes. Classes include Zumba, Barre Sculpt, Piloxing and Yoga Sculpt. Classes are fun and affordable! Dance Stop Studios is located at 4400 Roswell Road, Suite 128, Marietta, Georgia 30062, 770-578-0048. Connect with Dance Stop Studios on FaceBook.
- OrangeTheory East Cobb – OrangeTheory is fast-paced and challenging. Each time you go is an entirely different workout. 1401 Johnson Ferry Rd, Suite 320, Marietta, GA 30062, 678-920-9455.
- LA Fitness – LA Fitness has an indoor basketball court, racquetball courts, pool, spa, sauna, juice bar and a kids club. They offer personal training as well as classes in Kickboxing, Cardio, Pilates, Water Aerobics, Spinning, Zumba, Yoga and more. LA Fitness is located at 4400 Roswell Road Suite 126, Marietta, GA 30062, 770-973-3370. Connect with LA Fitness East Cobb on FaceBook.
Most of us are trying to live cleaner and greener these days and take better care of our planet.Here are a few ways to live greener in East Cobb and Marietta:
- Eat fresh and support local farmers. Located on the historic Marietta Square, Marietta Square Farmers Market is held every Saturday from 9am to noon beginning in May and ending in November.
- Recycle. Cobb County’s main recycling drop off location is at the Smurfit Stone Recycling Center located at 1775 County Services Parkway in Marietta. Smurfit Stone Recycling Center will accept items such as paper including newspapers and magazines, plastics, glass (green, brown and clear), aluminum cans, tin cans, and phone books. Click here to read more about this location and other Cobb County Recycling locations.
- Drive less, take public transportation. CobbLinc has bus routes throughout Cobb County. If you need to go somewhere within Atlanta, there is a transfer center across from Cumberland Mall on Cumberland Boulevard. At the transfer center you can take MARTA to numerous locations throughout metro Atlanta.
- Holiday Lights at East Cobb Park – This annual holiday tradition featured a children’s choir, brass quartet, special guest appearances by Santa Claus and Rudolph, award-winning bell ringers and the lighting of our live 40-foot tall East Cobb Park tree.
- The East Cobber Parade and Festival – Features arts and crafts, food concessions, carnival games, and an entertainment stage along with a parade. It’s a fun time for the entire family.
- Taste of Marietta – Over 70 restaurants showcase their best dishes and entertainment is performed throughout the day at the Historic Marietta Square.
- Taste of East Cobb and Festival – In addition to the food and fun, the family festival features arts and crafts along with outdoor entertainment all day. The event is typically held at the Merchants Walk Shopping Center in May.
- Movie Nights at East Cobb Park – Watch a movie under the stars at East Cobb Park in Marietta. Movies start at dusk and there is pre-movie entertainment. Held on Friday nights from June to October.
- Fourth in the Park at Marietta Square – The city’s Fourth of July party centers on the square and the display of fireworks is one of the most popular in the Southeast United States.
- Read more about East Cobb and Marietta on our Blog!
Parks & Recreation
- East Cobb Park is a recent addition, paid for by local residents. Families enjoy the picnic pavilion and large fenced-in play area. There are also walking trails and a band pavilion. A beautiful creek borders one side with two restful observation platforms.
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area – Johnson Ferry North – has 2.5 miles of trails that are excellent for viewing plants and wildlife. There is a boat launch and a covered pavilion that is a great place to relax after a hike.
- The Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area – Sope Creek is a popular spot for hikers and mountain bikers. Sope Creek is a serene area with beautiful views of Sibley Pond.
- Marietta Square – The setting of the Marietta Square (Glover Park) is reminiscent of a Victorian Square with colorful seasonal landscaping. It is located in the heart of Cobb County and is the location for many festivals, concerts and weddings. Children can play on the special train engine playground while parents relax. At the center of the park is the beautiful multi-tiered fountain. Great shopping, antiques, restaurants, museums and theatres are within walking distance.
- Dog Parks – Both Lewis Park and Sweat Mountain Park have off-leash dog areas.
- Horseback Riding – There are several horse stables in the heart of East Cobb that offer horse back riding lessons, camps, birthday parties and more. East Cobb Stables is located at 1649 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30062. Oak Creek Equestrian Center is located at 4580 Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30066.
- East Marietta Little League offers spring and fall baseball programs. East Marietta Little League located at Sewell Park, 2055 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30068.
- East Cobb Baseball offers team play from ages 8 through 17 under the direction of Guerry Baldwin. The East Cobb Baseball owns and operates the East Cobb Baseball Complex located at 4617 Lee Waters Road, Marietta, GA 30066.
- Shoot the Hooch offers raft rentals for cruising along the Chattahoochee River. The closest location to East Cobb is 301 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, Georgia 30068
- More information on Cobb County Parks, Recreation, Cultural Affairs Department
CobbLinc – CobbLinc is your number one public transportation option throughout Cobb County and to Downtown Atlanta via Fixed, Express or Paratransit services. CobbLinc strives to provide a transit network that is convenient, accessible, customer-focused, safe, reliable and efficient.
East Cobb and Marietta offer outstanding academic options for children of all ages. In addition to the following list, you can find out more information about metro Atlanta schools at Great Schools.
- Mount Zion United Methodist Church offers preschool for children 12 months to young 5 year olds. 1770 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30062. (770) 971-1478.
- Noonday Christian Academy – 4121 Canton Road, Marietta, GA 30066. (770) 926-8891.
- Primrose School at East Lake – 2065 Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30062. (770)971-0148.
- Lassiter High School – 2600 Shallowford Road, Marietta, GA 30066. (678) 494-7863. Enrollment is approximately 2000 students in 9th through 12th grades.
- Mount Bethel Elementary – 1210 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30068. (770) 578-7248. 974 students in grades K – 5.
- Pope High School – 3001 Hembree Road NE, Marietta, GA 30062. (770) 578-7900. Serves 1781 students in grades 9 – 12.
- Sope Creek Elementary – 3320 Paper Mill Road SE, Marietta, GA 30067. (770) 916-7085. 1026 students in grades Pre-K through 5th.
- Tritt Elementary – 4435 Post Oak Tritt Road, Marietta, GA 30062. (770) 642-5630. Serves grades Pre-K through 5 with approximately 850 students.
- Walton High School – 1590 Bill Murdock Road, Marietta, GA 30062. (770) 578-3225. A charter high school with approximately 2500 students in grades 9 – 12. Walton High School receives national awards of excellence in a variety of categories.
- Wheeler High School – 375 Holt Road NE, Marietta, GA 30068. (770) 578-3266. 1900 students in grades 9 – 12. Wheeler offers advanced curriculum in Science, Math and Technology through the Advanced Studies Magnet Program.
- Cobb County School Disctrict
- Blessed Trinity Catholic High School – 11320 Woodstock Road, Roswell, GA 30075. (678)277-9083. A coed Roman Catholic affiliated high school serving 841 students in grades 9-12.
- East Cobb Christian School – 4616 Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30062. (770)565-0881. 133 students in grades Kindergarten – 8th.
- High Meadows School – 1055 Willeo Road, Roswell, GA 30075. ( 770)993-2940. Serving 420 students in grades Pre-K through 8th.
- Mt. Bethel Christian Academy – 4385 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30068. (770)971-0245. A Methodist affiliated private school serving 535 students in grades K – 8.
- The Wood Acres School – 1772 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30062. (770)971-1880. Co-ed, nonsectarian private school with grades PreK – 8th.
More information on Atlanta area Public and Private schools.
Selling your home
Selling your home in East Cobb or Marietta? Morris Raney Real Estate combines traditional real estate methods with state-of-the-art Internet marketing.
Each home is unique. Our team will meet with you, listen to your goals and customize a marketing plan for you and your home. When you list your East Cobb home with the Morris Raney team, your home will be receive professional staging, magazine quality photography, virtual tour, a website devoted exclusively to your home, custom designed color brochure, agent-to-agent marketing strategies, consistent feedback from agents and buyers who view your home, top negotiating skills and contract-to-closing expertise.