Dunwoody, located in North Atlanta, has a warm, friendly small town feel. Dunwoody is located just outside of the Perimeter, in Atlanta’s North DeKalb County primarily in zip code 30338. The businesses and many of the homes in Dunwoody have Colonial-style architecture. Most of the homes in Dunwoody were built in the 70’s and 80’s and are traditional two story brick homes, on generous half acre lots. New homes are also available with a combination of brick, stone and cedar shake.
Swim/tennis neighborhoods are popular and provide a great way to get to know your neighbors. There are also new construction luxury homes, as well as condos and townhomes in a variety of price ranges.
Quick Search: Search Dunwoody homes
New Construction Dunwoody Homes
Search for Dunwoody homes by Elementary school district
Search for homes by school district -- go to Advanced Search and search by Elementary School, Middle School or High School.
Custom Search: See all homes for sale in the Dunwoody and Atlanta
Find a home you will love! Create a home wish list and register for my free Home Finder Alert. You will receive an email each time a new home comes on the market that matches what you’re looking for, so you’ll be the first to see new listings!
Video of Dunwoody
See the sights and sounds of Dunwoody in this video.
Explore Dunwoody Neighborhoods
There are many wonderful neighborhoods in Dunwoody and Sandy Springs. Here is a sample:
- Alden Point -- An enclave of seven homes on tree lined lane in the Austin Elementary school district. Designed by Stephen Fuller and built by Bill Grant Custom Homes. See homes for sale in Alden Point.
- Ashford Chase -- Swim/tennis neighborhood in Dunwoody Elementary school district built by Centex. Amenities include swimming pool, clubhouse, tennis courts and a playground. See homes for sale in Ashford Chase. Ashford Chase was selected as our Neighborhood of the Week!
- Ashworth -- Gated community in the heart of Dunwoody includes single family cluster homes and townhomes. Perfect choice for a low maintenance lifestyle. Walk to shops and restaurants. Dunwoody Elementary See homes for sale in Ashworth. See townhomes for sale in Ashworth. Ashworth was selected as our Neighborhood of the Week!
- Ball Mill -- Ball Mill is located on Dunwoody Club Drive at Ball Creek, half mile from the Dunwoody Country Club. Homes average 5,000 square feet, with luxurous finishes on beautifully landscaped lots. A Bill Grant community built in 2003. See homes for sale in Ball Mill.
- Bellewood -- Bellewood is a gated community of 34 Classic American two story homes with masters on main. Located on Mt. Vernon Road near Ashford Dunwoody Road. A Bill Grant community built in 2002. See homes for sale in Bellewood.
- Boxwood -- Nine homes on Chamblee Dunwoody Road in the Dunwoody Elementary school district. Boxwood is an Energy Star and EarthCraft built community, built by Bill Grant. See homes for sale in Boxwood.
- Bradford Place -- Eight very unique homes on a small circle, walks, old trees, soft flowers -- all done in the New England tradition of Nantucket. Located in Dunwoody on the corner of Mt. Vernon Rd. and Tilly Mill. Bradford Place designed by Stephen Fuller and built by Bill Grant. See homes for sale in Bradford Place.
- Brooke Farm -- Brooke Farm includes single family homes on generous lots as well as cluster homes. Located at the corner of Mt. Vernon and Dunwoody Club. See all homes for sale in Brooke Farm.
- Chaparral Estates -- Close to Dunwoody Country Club in North Dunwoody/Sandy Springs. See homes for sale in Chaparral Estates.
- Deerfield -- Swim/tennis neighborhood in North Dunwoody/Sandy Springs. See homes for sale in Deerfield.
- Dunwoody Club Estates -- Stately homes on lushly landscaped lots in North Dunwoody/Sandy Springs. See homes for sale in Dunwoody Club Estates.
- Dunwoody Club Forest -- Ideally located between Dunwoody Club Drive and Mt. Vernon Road in the heart of Dunwoody, in the Vanderlyn Elementary school district. The Dunwoody Club Forest neighborhood association provides numerous opportunities to meet your neighbors. See homes for sale in Dunwoody Club Forest.
- Dunwoody Green -- Built by John Wieland, this community of single family homes and paired townhomes is built around a center park with green space. Homes have high quality finished, many with front porches and courtyards. See homes for sale in Dunwoody Green.
- Gates of Dunwoody -- Enclave of luxury home in gated community located in Northeast Dunwoody/Sandy Springs. Homes for sale in Gates of Dunwoody.
Heritage at Dunwoody -- Luxury home community built by Ashton Woods. Located off Vermack Road, this 50 home community has top ranked schools. See homes for sale in Heritage at Dunwoody.
- Hidden Branches -- Also known as “The Branches”. Located between Mount Vernon Road and Spalding, part of the neighborhood is in DeKalb County and part is in Fulton County. The neighborhood swim/tennis club, The Branches Club, includes a Clubhouse, outdoor two-level Pavilion, swimming pool, tennis courts, and playground. Homes for sale in Hidden Branches.
- Marlborough -- Sought after neighborhood in North Dunwoody/Sandy Springs, close to Dunwoody Country Club, featuring large lush lots of 1+ acres and classic architecture. Homes for sale in Marlborough.
- Mill Glen -- One of the most affordable subdivisions in the Austin Elementary school district. The Mill Glen Swim and Tennis Club features an Olympic size pool, a two-story clubhouse, lighted tennis courts, a built-in gas grill, and the children’s playground. Homes for sale in Mill Glen.
- North Springs -- Just north of 285, off Chamblee Dunwoody Road, you will find North Springs, a tree lined neighborhood of traditional homes on 1/2 acre lots. Homes for sale in North Springs.
- October Farms -- Exquisite enclave of custom homes located off Spalding Drive in North Dunwoody/Sandy Springs. Homes for sale in October Farms.
- Oxford Chase -- Cluster home community close to Tilly Mill and Mount Vernon Homes for sale in Oxford Chase.
- Dunwoody North -- Large community of 1250 homes bordered by North Peachtree Road, the Dunwoody Side of Peachtree Industrial and both sides of Tilly Mill Road. The community features a swim / tennis association which offers four lighted tennis courts, a resurfaced 25m swimming pool with a diving well and high dive and a children’s playground. Homes for sale in Dunwoody North.
- Redfield -- Sought after swim/tennis neighborhood in the Austin school district. See homes for sale in Redfield. Learn more about the Redfield Swim/Tennis Club. Redfield was selected as our Neighborhood of the Week!
- Rivergate -- Located in North Dunwoody/Sandy Springs, off Spalding Drive, Rivergate borders the Chattahoochee River and offers traditional southern homes on generous lots. View homes for sale in Rivergate. Rivergate was chosen as our Neighborhood of the Week!
- Sentinel Ferry -- Estate homes in gated swim/tennis community off Spalding, just south of Holcomb Bridge in North Dunwoody/Sandy Springs. See homes for sale in Sentinel Ferry.
- Spalding Lake -- View homes for sale in Spalding Lake.
- Stephens Walk -Gated community of one story homes located in Dunwoody on Tilly Mill Road near Mt. Vernon Road. All Stephen Fuller designs. Many with porches, some with basements. View homes for sale in Stephens Walk.
- Stratford Manor -- Homes for sale in Stratford Manor.
- Spalding Stables Estates -- New construction estate homes off Spalding in North Dunwoody/Sandy Springs. Homes for sale in Spalding Stables Estates.
- Springfield -- Homes for sale in Springfield.
- The Branches -- Popular swim/tennis community located between Mount Vernon Road and Spalding, part of the neighborhood is in DeKalb County and part is in Fulton County. The neighborhood swim/tennis club, The Branches Club, includes a Clubhouse, outdoor two-level Pavilion, swimming pool, tennis courts, and playground Homes for sale in The Branches. The Branches was selected as our Neighborhood of the Week.
- The Enclave at Jett Ferry -- The Enclave at Jett Ferry is luxury living at its best! The neighborhood is built by John Wieland Homes, and consists of 42 spacious estate homesites. Homes range from 4200 sq ft to over 7500 sq ft. Homes for sale in The Enclave at Jett Ferry.
- Vermack Place -- Homes for sale in Vermack Place.
- Village Mill -- Sought after neighborhood with swim/tennis club, playground and active neighborhood association with year round activities. Homes for sale in Village Mill.
- Wyntercreek -- Swim/tennis neighborhood in the Austin school district. Walk to Dunwoody Nature Center and Austin Elementary. See homes for sale in Wyntercreek. More information at Wyntercreek.com
- More Dunwoody Neighborhoods -- Search all neighborhoods in Dunwoody and Atlanta.
Swim & Tennis
- Dunwoody Country Club
1600 Dunwoody Club Drive, Atlanta, GA 30350
Call for membership information (770) 394-4492
- Dunwoody North Driving Club
- Fontainebleau Swim Tennis Club
- Georgetown Recreation Club
- Kingsley Racquet and Swim Club
- Mill Glen Swim and Tennis Club
- The Branches
- Vermack Swim and Tennis Club
- Village Mill
- Wynterhall Swim Tennis Club
- Zaban|Marcus Jewish Community Center
Shopping and Dining
Williamsburg-style architecture originated with the construction of the Dunwoody Village shopping center in the 1970s and has been adopted as the architecture standard for businesses in the area. Dunwoody Village is considered by most to be the heart of the city and is the location of the Dunwoody Farmhouse. It is also home to a variety of businesses including Fresh Market, Blooms of Dunwoody, Dunwoody Prep ….and don’t forget Mellow Mushroom and The Dunwoody Tavern! On Dunwoody Village Parkway, you will find Village Burger and Marlow’s Tavern which features great food and casual dining with outdoor seating.
Can you say “shopping”? Oh yes, there is shopping galore! Perimeter Mall is home to over 200 stores with four anchor stores: Macy’s, Nordstrom and Dillard’s. When you’ve worked up an appetite, dine at Maggiano’s Little Italy, The Cheesecake Factory, Hudson Grill, Season’s 52, or Capital Grille! Two other shopping areas are close by. Perimeter Place, a mixed-use development built by Sembler, is home to Super Target, Office Max, Verizon, just to name a few and loads of restaurants including Tin Lizzy’s Cantina, Panera Bread, Tin Drum, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Cheese Burger in Paradise, Taco Mac, Shane’s Rib Shack and many more! You will also find J. Alexanders, McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood, P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Twisted Taco and Eclipse Di Luna close by.
Health & Fitness
Dunwoody has a wide assortment of health and fitness classes from yoga and Pilates to high-intensity weight training. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Blast – Blast 900 offers high-intensity, 60-minute sessions of interval training featuring Aerobic and Strength Training. Blast 900 had two Atlanta locations, one in Buckhead at 56 E Andrews Drive, Suite 11, Atlanta, GA 30305 404-841-5430 and one in Dunwoody in Dunwoody Village at 5521 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Atlanta, GA 30338.
- Pure Barre Studio -- Pure Barre offers a total body workout utilizing the ballet barre to perform small isometric movements. Pure Barre Dunwoody is located at 1317 Dunwoody Village Parkway, Suite 200, Dunwoody, GA 30338, 404-550-0451.
- Concourse Athletic Club -- Concourse Athletic Club has it all! State-of-the-Art Cardiovascular & Strength Equipment, Indoor Running Track, Racquetball and Squash, Spa Services & Massage, Full Size Basketball Gymnasium, Outdoor Clay Tennis Court, Indoor & Outdoor Saline Swimming Pools, as well as Whirlpools, Steamrooms & Saunas. They offer a full range of classes including Pilates, Yoga, Spinning, Water Aerobics, Zumba and more. They also offer personal training and children’s programs. Concourse Athletic Club is located at 8 Concourse Parkway, Sandy Springs, GA 30328, 770-698-2000. Connect with Concourse Athletic Club on FaceBook.
- Dunwoody Baptist Fitness Center -- Dunwoody Baptist Fitness Center has a six Lane Junior Olympic Indoor Pool with a new Saline Spa Water System, Indoor Cushioned Track, Indoor Basketball, Cardio & Strength equipment, Dry Sauna & Whirlpool as well as personal training and over fifty Aerobic classes and Water Aerobic classes to choose from. Dunwoody Baptist Fitness Center is located at 1445 Mt. Vernon Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338, 770-280-1200. Connect with Dunwoody Baptist Fitness Center on FaceBook.
- LA Fitness -- LA Fitness has an indoor basketball court, racquetball courts, pool, spa, sauna, juice bar and a kids club. They offer personal training as well as classes in Kickboxing, Cardio, Pilates, Water Aerobics, Spinning, Zumba, Yoga and more. LA Fitness is located at 1155 Mount Vernon Highway, Suite 600, Dunwoody,GA 30338, 770-350-4951.
- Marcus Jewish Community Center (JCC) -- The JCC offers a state-of-the-art fitness center and a wide variety of programs for adults and children. The JCC is located at Zaban Park, 5342 Tilly Mill Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338, 678-812-4000. MJCCA membership includes the use of Emory’s Student Activity and Academic Center (SAAC) located at 1946 Starvine Way, Decatur, GA 30033, 404-712-2430. Connect with Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta on FaceBook.
Most of us are trying to live cleaner and greener these days and take better care of our planet. Here are a few ways to live greener in Dunwoody:
- Eat fresh and support local farmers. Visit the Dunwoody Farmer’s Market called The Dunwoody Green Market. The Dunwoody farmer’s market is held in the parking lot next to the Dunwoody Village Post Office at 1551 Dunwoody Village Parkway every Wednesday 8:00 a.m.- noon beginning in April and continuing through December. In nearby Brookhaven, the Brookhaven Farmers Market runs every Saturday from 9am -- 1pm, late April through December. The Brookhaven Farmers Market takes place in the parking lot behind Haven and Valenza at 1441 Dresden Drive.
- Recycle. DeKalb County offers a voluntary recycling program for a small one time fee. Click here for DeKalb County recycling brochure and application. There are also drop off bins for mixed paper at all DeKalb County Fire Stations and many DeKalb County Public Buildings.
- Drive less, take MARTA. There are a few MARTA rail stations in the Dunwoody area (Dunwoody, Sandy Springs and North Springs). The Dunwoody area rail stations offer free same day parking and paid long term parking. Along with rail routes, there are bus routes that will take you to numerous locations throughout Atlanta and Atlanta suburbs.
- A Taste of Dunwoody -- Featuring food from more than 25 restaurants around Atlanta. Cash bar, silent auction and live music.
- Lemonade Days Festival -- Dunwoody’s biggest family festival, featuring carnival rides, an artist market, petting zoo, pony rides and more. This annual event benefits the Dunwoody Preservation Trust.
- Dunwoody Art Festival -- 150 national and regional artisans, children’s creative fun at the Kidz Zone, live entertainment and of course, tasty treats!
- 4th of July Parade -- This is one of my favorites! Neighborhoods put together colorful, creative floats. Looks for marching bands and lots of kids and dogs. Parade participants toss candy to the delighted onlookers.
- Secret Gardens, Dunwoody Garden Tour -- Benefiting the Dunwoody Nature Center, tour five beautifully landscaped gardens in the Dunwoody and Sandy Springs communities. The event is held in May.
- Dunwoody Home Tour -- held each October by the Dunwoody Woman’s Club. A real treat! Proceeds benefit Dunwoody Woman’s Club’s community service projects.
- Marist Holiday Traditions -- Sponsored by the Marist School Parents Club, this event held each October on the campus of Marist School and is one of the largest juried arts and crafts shows in the Southeast.
- Light up Dunwoody -- The Dunwoody Farmhouse is decorated and hundreds attend this annual event at the Farmhouse. Look for visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus, local school bands and choruses, local merchants and appetizers and refreshments.
- Read more about Dunwoody on our Blog!
Parks & Recreation
- Dunwoody Nature Center -- The park features an education center for camps and classes; a wetland boardwalk; woodland and streamside trails; display gardens; a picnic meadow; a treehouse classroom pavilion; and a shaded playground.
- Brook Run Park -- Located at 4770 North Peachtree Road in Dunwoody, Brook Run Park is 102 acres of multi-use fields, picnic areas and trails. Brook Run Park is home to the Brook Run Skate Park and Brook Run Dog Park.
- Murphy Candler Park -- 1551 W Nancy Creek Dr. 135-acre DeKalb County, Home of Murphey Candler Baseball, Murphey Candler Fast Pitch and Atlanta Colt football. There is also a playground, pool and lake.
- MARTA -- Atlanta’s public transportation system, including subways and buses, serving the city of Atlanta and Fulton and Dekalb counties. MARTA stands for Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority. Sandy Springs rail station offers short and long term parking.
Dunwoody offers outstanding academic options for children of all ages. In addition to the following list, you can find out more information about metro Atlanta schools at Great Schools.
- Ashford Academy offers preschool for children 6-weeks to PreK. 4472 Chamblee Dunwoody Road. (770)451-4869.
- Dunwoody Baptist Preschool offers preschool from 9 months through PreK. 1445 Mount Vernon Rd Atlanta, GA 30338. (770)280-1200
- Dunwoody Christian Academy offers preschool from infancy through 2nd grade.5067 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, 30338. (770)335-3050.
- Dunwoody Methodist offers preschools from infants through young fives. 1548 Mount Vernon Rd Atlanta Ga 30338. (770)394-2555.
- Dunwoody Prep offers preschool for infancy through five years. 5493 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd Atlanta 30338. (770)396-2973.
- Chamblee Methodist offers preschool ages two through PreK. 4147 Chamblee-Dunwoody Road, Chamblee, GA 30341. (770) 457-2527.
- Chamblee Kindercare offers care from 6 weeks to PreK. 5695 Chamblee-Dunwoody Rd 30338. (770)395-2095
- Montessori School of Dunwoody The small school with a BIG heart is an A.M.I. Accredited School offering Montessori education for ages 2 1/2 -- 6. 1730 Mount Vernon Road, Dunwoody, Ga 30338 770-804-1444
- MJCCA Preschool (Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta) -- Weinstein School offers class options for children six weeks to PreK. 5342 Tilly Mill Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338. (678)812-3800.
- Primrose School 5050 Nandina Ln 30338. (770)396-8266
- St. Luke’s Little Saints Preschool and Kindergarten from 12 months through Kindergarten. St. Luke’s Presbyterian Church, 1978 Mt. Vernon Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338 770-393-1424 ext. 240
- Austin Elementary -- 5435 Roberts Drive, Dunwoody, GA 30338. (678) 874-8100. Austin is a pre-kindergarten through fifth grade school.
- Chesnut Elementary -- 4576 North Peachtree Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338. (678) 676-7102. Charter school which allows the flexibility to challenge and develop each student to his/her full potential.
- Dunwoody Elementary -- 1923 Womack Road, Dunwoody, Georgia 30338. (678) 875-4002. Dunwoody Elementary School opened in August 2009. The new school is an 18-acre campus and includes pre-kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Kingsley Elementary -- 2051 Brendon Drive, Dunwoody, GA 30338. (678) 874-8902. Kingsley is a Charter school.
- Vanderlyn Elementary -- 1877 Vanderlyn Drive, Dunwoody, GA 30338. (678) 874-9002. Vanderlyn Elementary School is a neighborhood school located in the heart of Dunwoody for students pre-kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Dunwoody High School -- 5035 Vermack Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338. (678) 874-8502. Dunwoody High School serves grades 9-12.
- The Davis Academy -- 8105 Roberts Drive, Atlanta, GA 30350. (770) 671-0085. A coed and Jewish affiliated school, serving 714 students in grades K-8.
- Marist School -- 3790 Ashford Dunwoody Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30319. (770)457-7201. Private Catholic college preparatory school for students in grades 7 – 12. Approximately 1000 students.
- Mt. Vernon Presbyterian -- 471 Mt Vernon Highway, Atlanta, GA 30328. (404) 252-3448. A coed and Presbyterian affiliated private school, serving 864 students in grades Pre-K through 12.
- Wesleyan -- 5405 Spalding Drive, Norcross, GA 30092. (770) 448-7640. A coed and Christian affiliated school, serving grades K-12.
- Perimeter College -- 2101 Womack Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338. (770)274-5000. Georgia Perimeter College has 25,000 students and is among the nation’s fastest-growing metropolitan two-year colleges.
- More information on Atlanta area Public and Private schools.
There is a bus pick up conveniently located at Orchard Park Shopping Center with private school transportation to many of Atlanta’s private schools including Woodward, Greater Atlanta Christian, St. Martin’s Episcopal School and others.
More information on Atlanta area Public and Private schools.
Selling your home
Selling your home in Dunwoody?
Becky combines traditional real estate methods with state-of-the-art Internet marketing. Each home is unique. Becky will meet with you, listen to your goals and customize a marketing plan for you and your home. When you list your Dunwoody home with Becky, your home will be receive professional staging, top quality photography, virtual tour, a website/URL devoted exclusively to your home, custom designed color brochure, agent-to-agent marketing strategies, consistent feedback from agents and buyers who view your home, top negotiating skills and contract-to-closing expertise. Let’s talk about what your home is worth!
- Convention and Visitors Bureau of Dunwoody
- Official website of the City of Dunwoody
- Dunwoody Crier Newspaper
- Sign up at www.TheAHAconnection.com for Dunwoody community news, coupons and more.
Connect with Dunwoody friends and neighbors on Facebook My Dunwoody Home