The Branches is a popular swim/tennis neighborhood located between Mount Vernon Road and Spalding Drive. Part of the neighborhood is in Dunwoody in DeKalb County, zip code 30338 and part is in Sandy Springs in Fulton County, zip code 30328.
With street names like Hunters Branch, Winding Branch, Hidden Branches, Twin Branches, Pine Branch and Pine Bark, it’s easy to see where The Branches gets its name! The neighborhood swim/tennis club, The Branches Club, includes a Clubhouse, outdoor two-level Pavilion, swimming pool, tennis courts, and playground.
Search for a home in The Branches:
Here are the top 10 reasons we love The Branches and the Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area.
- Walk to MARTA – North Springs MARTA rail station and Sandy Springs MARTA rail station are both within walking distance from The Branches. Residents can beat the Atlanta traffic by using public transportation for their daily commutes or for special events around Atlanta. The Dunwoody rail station is also in close proximately of The Branches. All three stations offer short term and long term parking.
- The Branches Club – The Club includes a clubhouse, swimming pool, pavilion, tennis courts and playground. The pavilion overlooks the pool and tennis courts for easy viewing of events. The Club offers swim teams, ALTA tennis teams, neighborhood activities and social events. Situated on six wooded acres with creeks, The Branches Club is a great place to enjoy the company of family, friends and neighbors. The Branches Club membership is available to residents of The Branches, Dunwoody West, Sedgefield, Lisa Lane, Hunters Crossing, Trail Ridge and Dunwoody Station neighborhoods. The Branches Club is located at 1318 Winding Branch Circle, Dunwoody, Georgia 30338
- Perimeter Pointe – Walking distance from the Branches, Perimeter Pointe is located at the corner Mt. Vernon and Perimeter Center W. Perimeter Pointe has a movie theater, Regal Theaters, Chick-fil-a, Sports Authority, LA Fitness, Babies “R” Us, Michaels, Panera Bread, Starbucks, and Stein Mart.
- Perimeter Mall – A favorite indoor shopping mall in metro Atlanta, Perimeter Mall has 200+ stores. Perimeter mall is anchored by Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom and Dilliard’s. Not only is Perimeter Mall a popular place to shop, it is also a top location for dining. Dining options in and around Perimeter Mall includes: Maggiano’s Little Italy, The Cheesecake Factory, Hudson Grill, Season’s 52, and Wildfire Grill
- Dunwoody Village – Built in the 1970s the Dunwoody Village is the heart of the Dunwoody. The Williamsburg-style architecture of Dunwoody Village showcases the quaintness of Dunwoody. It is home to a variety of businesses including Fresh Market, David’s Flowers, Dunwoody Prep, Mellow Mushroom, The Dunwoody Tavern, and Village Burger.
- Perimeter Place – A mix of shopping, dining and residences, Perimeter Place is home to Super Target, Office Max, Verizon Wireless, Ross Dress For Less, Loehmann’s, Jake’s House and Drexel Heritage. Need a place to eat? Panera Bread, Tin Drum, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Taco Mac, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse, Shane’s Rib Shack, Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Cold Stone Creamery, and more.
- Schools – Depending on the location in the neighborhood, some homes are located within DeKalb County and are zoned for DeKalb County Schools: Austin Elementary School, Peachtree Charter Middle School, and Dunwoody High School. For The Branches homes located in Fulton County, residents are zoned for Fulton County Schools: Woodland Charter Elementary School, Sandy Springs Middle School, and North Springs High School.
- Location – East of Mount Vernon Highway and South of Spalding Drive, The Branches is close to GA 400, I-85 and I-285 with convenient access to Buckhead, Downtown Atlanta, Alpharetta and everything in between. The neighborhood is situated on the Fulton County (Sandy Springs) and DeKalb County (Dunwoody) line. Therefore, some of the homes in The Branches are Dunwoody while others are Sandy Springs. See map of The Branches
- Annual Events – Dunwoody and Sandy Springs offers many annual events to bring families, friends and neighbors together. 4th of July Parade, Sandy Springs Festival, Dunwoody Music Festival and Chili Cook-Off, A Taste of Dunwoody, Lemonade Days Festival, Taste of Sandy Springs, Light up Dunwoody Dunwoody Art Festival, Marist Holiday Traditions, and Dunwoody Home Tour are just a few of the great annual events going on in Dunwoody and Sandy Springs.
- Dunwoody Park & Dunwoody Nature Center – Tucked away on Roberts Drive, Dunwoody Park is home to trails, picnic tables, playground, recreational baseball leagues and the Dunwoody Nature Center. The Dunwoody Nature Center is an educational center for people of all ages. It features a wetland boardwalk; woodland and streamside trails; display gardens; and a treehouse classroom pavilion.