Low taxes and great schools are just the beginning! East Cobb boasts family fun galore, including roller skating, ice skating, Sports-a-rama coaching facility, little league, soccer and more!
Shopping? Check out The Avenue East Cobb. This outdoor complex is a shopper’s paradise. Approximately 50 shops promise the best of upscale retail shopping, and you’re certain to find a bargain or two in the process. Among the shops you will find are Banana Republic, Gap, Harry and David, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Borders, and Bed, Bath & Beyond. And don’t forget to check out Trader Joe’s, an adventure in grocery shopping!
Quick Search: Search East Cobb homes by price
Custom Search: See all homes for sale in the East Cobb
Find a home you will love! Create a home wish list and register for my free Home Finder Alert. You will receive an email each time a new home comes on the market that matches what you’re looking for, so you’ll be the first to see new listings! Register with confidence. I will never share your address with anyone. Promise.
Video of East Cobb
See the sights and sounds of East Cobb in this video.
Explore East Cobb’s Neighborhoods in Marietta
East Cobb has many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from. Here is a sample:
- Atlanta Country Club Estates - Atlanta Country Club is located off Paper Mill Road and offers a spectacular 7018 yard championship golf course, clubhouse, swimming pool and tennis courts. View homes for sale in Atlanta Country Club Estates. Atlanta Country Club Estates was selected as our Neighborhood of the Week!
- Baldwin Farms – Located off Little Willeo Road, Baldwin Farms includes clubhouse, swimming pool, tennis courts and a lake. See homes for sale in Baldwin Farms.
- Belmont – Homes for sale in Belmont.
- Bishops Lake – Homes for sale in Bishops Lake.
- Camden Place – Homes for sale in Camden Place.
- Chadds Creek – View Homes for sale in Chadds Creek.
- Chadds Ford – A swim/tennis community with an active home owners association and annual social events. Homes for sale in Chadds Ford.
- Chimney Springs – Chimney Springs is a top-notch swim/tennis community with beautiful homes in contemporary, ranch and traditional styles on wooded 1/2 to 3/4 acre lots. It is located at Post Oak Tritt east of Johnson Ferry Road Homes for sale in Chimney Springs.
- East Park – East Park is a master planned community on 362 homesites in East Cobb with the quaint old-fashioned charm of Colonial Virginia.The community of East Park also revives traditional town planning concepts by including green parks and sidewalks. There’s something for the whole family to enjoy at East Park including Resort Style Pool, Clubhouse, Tennis Center and gathering Gazebo. Homes for sale in East Park.
- Edgewater Cove – Popular swim/tennis neighborhood bordering East Cobb and Roswell Homes for sale in Edgewater Cove.
- Easthampton – Built by John Weiland, Easthampton is located off Upper Roswell Road, close to The Avenues. The neighborhood features a club house, tennis courts, playground, lake and swimming pool with a water slide. Homes for sale in Easthampton. EastHampton was selected as our Neighborhood of the Week!
- Fox Hills – Homes for sale in Fox Hills.
- Greyfield – Homes for sale in Greyfield.
- Hampton Farms - Homes for sale in Hampton Farms.
- Hampton Lake – Homes for sale in Hampton Lake.
- Heyward Square – Homes for sale in Heyward Square.
- High Gates – Community of custom built homes built from 2005 – 2008. Located near Fullers Park. Homes for sale in High Gates.
- Hynes Park – Homes for sale in Hynes Park.
- Indian Hills – Homes for sale in Indian Hills. Indian Hills was selected as our Neighborhood of the week!
- Kings Farm – Homes for sale in Kings Farm.
- Lake Fjord – Homes for sale in Lake Fjord.
- New Bedford – Homes for sale in New Bedford.
- Old Paper Mill – Homes for sale in Old Paper Mill.
- Princeton Cove – Swim/Tennis community with playground, sidewalks, and street lights. Homes for sale in Princeton Cove.
- Princeton Mill – A swim and tennis community located just off Robinson Road. Princeton Mill has an active home owners association and has annual events for adults and children. Homes for sale in Princeton Mill.
- River Park – Homes for sale in River Park.
- Rivers Call – Surrounded on three sides by the incomparable beauty of the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, this unique guarded community offers the quiet elegance of a classic country home with close-in convenience. Homes for sale in Rivers Call.
- Sibley Forest – Nestled in the woods, Sibley Forest is home to 301 families and boasts features that make Sibley a great place to live. Sibley offers a great location, annual events, active clubs, swim, tennis and clubhouse. Homes for sale in Sibley Forest.
- Sibley on Paper Mill – Built by award-winning builders these luxury homes will appeal to those who appreciate the finer points of a quality custom-built home. Homes for sale in Sibley on Paper Mill.
- Somerset – First developed in the early 1970’s Somerset is now filled with mature trees and landscaping providing seasonal beauty all year around. Somerset has a wide variety of architectural styles. Amenities include Clubhouse, Swimming Pool, Tennis Courts and Lake. The neighborhood is very sociable with many clubs and activities. Homes for sale in Somerset.
- Stone Hall – Gated community in Walton High School district. Homes for sale in Stone Hall.
- Tally Green - Conveniently located in East Cobb County. The subdivision features a variety of amenities including swim and tennis. Tally Green is zoned to Mount Bethel Elementary School, Dickerson Middle School, and Walton High School. Homes for sale in Tally Green.
- Ward Meade Farm – Located off Paper Mill Road, this swim and tennis community is located across from Sope Creek Elementary School. Homes for sale in Ward Meade Farm.
- Westbury Park – Westbury Park is located in the prestigious area of East Cobb. The community is in walking distance to schools including Sope Creek Elementary School, East Cobb Middle School, and Wheeler High School. Homes for sale in Westbury Park.
- Woodlawn Walk – Homes for sale in Woodlawn Walk.
- More East Cobb and Marietta Neighborhoods – Search all neighborhoods in East Cobb and Marietta.
Shopping and Dining
All you have to do is look around the intersection of Johnson Ferry Road and Roswell Road and you will have made it to the retail district of East Cobb-Marietta. The south side of the intersection you will find Old Navy, Kohl’s, PetsMart, a movie theater and more at the Merchants Walk Shopping Center. On the west side, a center shopping was recently erected around a new Target. On the east side of the intersection shop at Trader Joe’s, New Balance Store, Paper Affair or grab a pizza at California Pizza Kitchen.
East Cobb has a gorgeous outdoor-air shopping mall called The Avenues of East Cobb. The Avenues features an array of restaurants, ice cream parlors, clothing stores, home decorating stores, music & movie stores–you name it, the Avenues have it! It is the perfect place to spend the weekend strolling around and looking in all the different stores. It is located just north of the Johnson Ferry Road and Roswell Road intersection on Roswell Road.
My favorite restaurant in East Cobb is Seed Kitchen & Bar, located at 1311 Johnson Ferry Road in the Merchants Walk shopping center. With its executive chef and Sommelier, Seed is a wonderful edition to East Cobb! A great place for Mexican and margaritas, Tijuana Joe’s Cantina is located at 690 Johnson Ferry Road. Bamboo China Bistro at 4400 Roswell Road and East Cobb Chin Chin at 617 Johnson Ferry Road are top spots for Chinese cuisine. Pinkberry in Merchants Walk at 1281 Johnson Ferry Road is a favorite place for dessert.
Health & Fitness
East Cobb has a wide assortment of health and fitness classes from yoga and Pilates to high-intensity weight training. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Dance Stop Studios- In addition to offering a range of dance classes for the pre-school through advanced-professional, Dance Stop offer a wide variety of fitness classes. Classes include Zumba, Barre Sculpt, Piloxing and Yoga Sculpt. Classes are fun and affordable! Dance Stop Studios is located at 4400 Roswell Road, Suite 128, Marietta, Georgia 30062, 770-578-0048. Connect with Dance Stop Studios on FaceBook.
- Pilates Tutor Studio – East Cobb’s premier Pilates Studio offers individual instruction and group lessons in STOTT Pilates, TRX Suspension Training and Core BARRE. They also have a back care program to help restore proper stability to the lower back and mobility to the upper back. Pilates Tutor Studio is located at 255 Village Parkway Suite 240 Marietta 30067, 678-234-0202. Connect with Pilates Tutor Studio on FaceBook.
- LA Fitness – LA Fitness has an indoor basketball court, racquetball courts, pool, spa, sauna, juice bar and a kids club. They offer personal training as well as classes in Kickboxing, Cardio, Pilates, Water Aerobics, Spinning, Zumba, Yoga and more. LA Fitness is located at 4400 Roswell Road Suite 126, Marietta, GA 30062, 770-973-3370. Connect with LA Fitness East Cobb on FaceBook.
Most of us are trying to live cleaner and greener these days and take better care of our planet. Here are a few ways to live greener in East Cobb and Marietta:
- Eat fresh and support local farmers. Located on the historic Marietta Square, Marietta Square Farmers Market is held every Saturday from 9am to noon beginning in May and ending in November.
- Recycle. Cobb County’s main recycling drop off location is at the Smurfit Stone Recycling Center located at 1775 County Services Parkway in Marietta. Smurfit Stone Recycling Center will accept items such as paper including newspapers and magazines, plastics, glass (green, brown and clear), aluminum cans, tin cans, and phone books. Click here to read more about this location and other Cobb County Recycling locations.
- Drive less, take public transportation. CCT has bus routes throughout Cobb County. If you need to go somewhere within Atlanta, there is a transfer center across from Cumberland Mall on Cumberland Boulevard. At the transfer center you can take MARTA to numerous locations throughout metro Atlanta.
- Carpool! The Clean Air Campaign is a Georgia nonprofit organization created to improve air quality and reduce traffic congestion. Find a carpool partner and earn money!
- Holiday Lights at East Cobb Park – This annual holiday tradition featured a children’s choir, brass quartet, special guest appearances by Santa Claus and Rudolph, award-winning bell ringers and the lighting of our live 40-foot tall East Cobb Park tree.
- The East Cobber Parade and Festival – Features arts and crafts, food concessions, carnival games, and an entertainment stage along with a parade. It’s a fun time for the entire family.
- Taste of Marietta – Over 70 restaurants showcase their best dishes and entertainment is performed throughout the day at the Historic Marietta Square.
- Taste of East Cobb and Festival – In addition to the food and fun, the family festival features arts and crafts along with outdoor entertainment all day. The event is typically held at the Merchants Walk Shopping Center in May.
- Movie Nights at East Cobb Park – Watch a movie under the stars at East Cobb Park in Marietta. Movies start at dusk and there is pre-movie entertainment. Held on Friday nights from June to October.
- Fourth in the Park at Marietta Square – The city’s Fourth of July party centers on the square and the display of fireworks is one of the most popular in the Southeast United States.
- Read more about East Cobb and Marietta on our Blog!
Parks & Recreation
- East Cobb Park is a recent addition, paid for by local residents. Families enjoy the picnic pavilion and large fenced-in play area. There are also walking trails and a band pavilion. A beautiful creek borders one side with two restful observation platforms.
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area – Johnson Ferry North - has 2.5 miles of trails that are excellent for viewing plants and wildlife. There is a boat launch and a covered pavilion that is a great place to relax after a hike.
- The Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area – Sope Creek is a popular spot for hikers and mountain bikers. Sope Creek is a serene area with beautiful views of Sibley Pond.
- Marietta Square – The setting of the Marietta Square (Glover Park) is reminiscent of a Victorian Square with colorful seasonal landscaping. It is located in the heart of Cobb County and is the location for many festivals, concerts and weddings. Children can play on the special train engine playground while parents relax. At the center of the park is the beautiful multi-tiered fountain. Great shopping, antiques, restaurants, museums and theatres are within walking distance.
- Dog Parks – Both Lewis Park and Sweat Mountain Park have off-leash dog areas.
- Horseback Riding – There are several horse stables in the heart of East Cobb that offer horse back riding lessons, camps, birthday parties and more. East Cobb Stables is located at 1649 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30062. Oak Creek Stable is located at 4580 Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30066.
- East Marietta Little League offers spring and fall baseball programs. East Marietta Little League located at Sewell Park, 2055 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30068.
- East Cobb Baseball offers team play from ages 8 through 17 under the direction of Guerry Baldwin. The East Cobb Baseball owns and operates the East Cobb Baseball Complex located at 4617 Lee Waters Road, Marietta, GA 30066.
- Shoot the Hooch offers raft rentals for cruising along the Chattahoochee River. The closest location to East Cobb is 301 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, Georgia 30068
- More information on Cobb County Parks, Recreation, Cultural Affairs Department
Cobb Community Transit (CCT) – Cobb Community Transit (CCT) is your number one public transportation option throughout Cobb County and to Downtown Atlanta via Fixed, Express or Paratransit services. CCT strives to provide a transit network that is convenient, accessible, customer-focused, safe, reliable and efficient.
East Cobb and Marietta offer outstanding academic options for children of all ages. In addition to the following list, you can find out more information about metro Atlanta schools at Great Schools and AJC.
- Mount Zion United Methodist Church offers preschool for children 12 months to young 5 year olds. 1770 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30062. (770) 971-1478.
- Noonday Christian Academy – 4121 Canton Road, Marietta, GA 30066. (770) 926-8891.
- Primrose School at East Lake – 2065 Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30062. (770)971-0148.
- Lassiter High School - 2600 Shallowford Road, Marietta, GA 30066. (678) 494-7863. Enrollment is approximately 2000 students in 9th through 12th grades.
- Mount Bethel Elementary – 1210 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30068. (770) 578-7248. 974 students in grades K – 5.
- Pope High School – 3001 Hembree Road NE, Marietta, GA 30062. (770) 578-7900. Serves 1781 students in grades 9 – 12.
- Sope Creek Elementary – 3320 Paper Mill Road SE, Marietta, GA 30067. (770) 916-7085. 1026 students in grades Pre-K through 5th.
- Tritt Elementary – 4435 Post Oak Tritt Road, Marietta, GA 30062. (770) 642-5630. Serves grades Pre-K through 5 with approximately 850 students.
- Walton High School – 1590 Bill Murdock Road, Marietta, GA 30062. (770) 578-3225. A charter high school with approximately 2500 students in grades 9 – 12.Walton High School receives national awards of excellence in a variety of categories. Wheeler High School – 375 Holt Road NE, Marietta, GA 30068. (770) 578-3266. 1900 students in grades 9 – 12. Wheeler offers advanced curriculum in Science, Math and Technology through the Advanced Studies Magnet Program.
- Cobb County School Disctrict
- Blessed Trinity Catholic High School - 11320 Woodstock Road, Roswell, GA 30075. (678)277-9083. A coed Roman Catholic affiliated high school serving 841 students in grades 9-12.
- East Cobb Christian School – 4616 Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30062. (770)565-0881. 133 students in grades Kindergarten – 8th.
- High Meadows School – 1055 Willeo Road, Roswell, GA 30075. ( 770)993-2940. Serving 420 students in grades Pre-K through 8th.
- Mt. Bethel Christian Academy – 4385 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30068. (770)971-0245. A Methodist affiliated private school serving 535 students in grades K – 8.
- The Wood Acres School – 1772 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30062. (770)971-1880. Co-ed, nonsectarian private school with grades PreK – 8th.
More information on Atlanta area Public and Private schools.
Market Data & Stats
Is the East Cobb Real Estate market up or down? Show me the stats! Sign up for Market Tracker
Curious about how the East Cobb real estate market is doing? Our Market Tracker report makes it easy to stay informed. You will receive a report once a month which will show you:
- How many homes are available in East Cobb?
- How many homes have sold?
- How does this compare statistically to last year?
- How fast are homes selling right now? What is the average days on market?
- What is the average sales price in East Cobb? Are prices up or down?
See stats and compare by City/Area – East Cobb or Marietta
or by High School – Walton High School, Pope High School, Lassiter High School, Wheeler High School or Sprayberry High School
Selling your home
Selling your home in East Cobb or Marietta? Becky combines traditional real estate methods with state-of-the-art Internet marketing. Each home is unique. Becky will meet with you, listen to your goals and customize a marketing plan for you and your home. When you list your home with Becky, your home will be receive professional staging, top quality photography, virtual tour, a website/URL devoted exclusively to your home, custom designed color brochure, 24 hour buyer hot line, agent-to-agent marketing strategies, consistent feedback from agents and buyers who view your home, top negotiating skills and contract-to-closing expertise. Schedule your Free Home Marketing Analysis.
* All information believed accurate but is not warranted. All rights reserved.