Ashford Park is one of Brookhaven’s most popular neighborhoods with a charming mixture of ranch homes, bungalows and new construction homes. Located in the 30319 and 30341 zip code.
We live in Ashford Park and absolutely love it!
Here are the top 10 reasons we love Ashford Park and Brookhaven.
- Home Values – Besides being a wonderful place to live, Ashford Park has enjoyed tremendous growth and high appreciation rates. Learn more about home sales and appreciation in Ashford Park – Ashford Park Market Report. The report includes data gathered from First Multiple Listing Service (FMLS) for the last 6 months showing median price, percentage of list-to-sales price, days on market, inventory report and homes that have sold in the last 30 days.
- Village Park – Located on Dresden Drive, in easy walking distance of Ashford Park, Village Park is home to Brookhaven’s most popular restaurants, Haven Restaurant, Valenza and Vero Pizza. Around the corner on Apple Valley Road, you will find Arnette’s Chop Shop, Brookhaven’s newest restaurant and bar. Village Park also has Pure Barre, Time to Escape and my favorite salon, Salon Briggs (which happens to be owned by an Ashford Park neighbor).
- Village Place – Across the street from Village Park, Village Place Brookhaven has a home design boutique which is filled with treasures, Marguerites on Dresden. There is also a wine market and tasting bar called POUR, Brookhaven Wines and The Beer Growler for a wide variety of craft beer. Verde Taqueria, The One Sushi+, Dixie Q and Kaleidoscope Bistro & Pub are a big hit for casual dining. J. Christophers is always a favorite for breakfast and brunch. Savi Provisions is the perfect spot to pick up a last minute treat, for a quick bite to eat or to grab one of their famous cookies!
- Peachtree Station – The newly opened shopping center includes Whole Foods Chamblee, The Cook’s Warehouse, Zoes Kitchen, Chipotle, StarBucks, Taqueria Del Sol and more! Other great dining options in Chamblee include BlueTop Restaurant, Hopstix, Southbound Restaurant + Moonbird Coffee, Vintage Pizza, Union Hill Kitchen and Rose of India for Indian cuisine – dine in, takeout or deliver. The Frosty Caboose offers tasty treats for kids and grownups!
- Brookhaven Station – Brookhaven Station is a hot spot for watching sports or dining outside. Hudson Grille, Mellow Mushroom, Sugar Shack and Hudson FC International Sports Bar are all located at Brookhaven Station. Close by on Peachtree, you’ll also find City Dog Market, Nuts ‘N Berries, Souper Jenny and OrangeTheory Fitness.
- TOWN Brookhaven – Located just north of Ashford Park, TOWN Brookhaven is a pedestrian friendly village with restaurants and boutiques. Town Brookhaven includes Costco, Moe’s, Publix, Marshalls, LA Fitness and Cinebistro—a movie theater with excellent dining and a full service bar. If you’re in the mood for lighter fare, check out Newk’s Express Cafe which serves fresh tossed salads, oven baked sandwiches, California style pizzas and homemade cakes. Which Wich has an endless supply of creative sandwiches, all made to order with the freshest ingredients and my new favorite, Hobnob Neighborhood Tavern, which has delicious food and lots of Gluten-free options. For shopping, don’t miss Redefined Home Boutique, Sugarboo & Company and Boogaloos.
- Community Park & Playground – Ashford Park has its own community park, Jeanne Kirkpatrick Memorial Ashford Park, located at 2980 Redding Road. This 3-acre DeKalb County park has a playground, basketball and tennis courts. The park also has a building that residents can reserve for gatherings. To make reservations, call the Dekalb County information line at (404) 371-2631.
- Annual events – There are lots of fun events in and around Ashford Park including the Brookhaven Bolt and the Brookhaven Arts Festival. The Brookhaven Bolt is a 5k walk/run benefiting Ashford Park Elementary that is held every May. Each October, Apple Valley Road, located behind the Brookhaven MARTA station, comes alive with art, crafts, music, food and fun during the Brookhaven Arts Festival! We also have a huge Halloween night event each year on Redding Road. There are also numerous events held during the year at Oglethorpe University’s Museum of Art. Oglethorpe University is also home to the Georgia Shakespeare organization.
- Ashford Park Elementary – Nestled in the heart of Brookhaven, Ashford Park Elementary is located at 2968 Cravenridge Drive, NE, Atlanta, GA 30319. (678) 676-6702. Ashford Park has strong parent participation and is popular with Ashford park families. This public school continues to exceed the State of Georgia’s Annual Yearly Progress (AYP) expectations. Because it has exceeded AYP for 5 continuous years, Ashford Park Elementary has been given the status of “Distinguished School”. Enrollment is 380 students in grades Pre-K through 5th. The school provides tours to prospective parents, so make an appointment and check it out.
- Location – If you are looking for more shopping and dining, a short five minute drive will put you in the heart of Buckhead’s shopping and dining district. Ashford Park is located north of Buckhead, just 3 1/2 miles north of The Shops Buckhead Atlanta, Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza. There is a Brookhaven MARTA station at the corner of Peachtree and Dresden Drive with a train station and bus station. Daily and overnight parking is available. GA 400, I-85 and 285 are all within easy reach as well.