Brookhaven Lakes is a prestigious community of luxury homes including European style and traditional construction. This gated neighborhood has approximately 46 homes with picturesque yards and elegant style.
Brookhaven Lakes is located on Peachtree Dunwoody Road between Sandy Springs and Brookhaven. The area is conveniently located near GA 400 and I-285 and is in the 30342 zip code.
Here are the top 10 reasons why we love Brookhaven Lakes!
- Neighborhood Amenities – The Brookhaven Lakes community is a private and gated neighborhood and residents appreciate the security that this area has to offer. The mature trees and landscaping and the private lake within the complex makes this a beautiful place to live. Click here to visit the Brookhaven Lakes community website.
- Recreation – Close by in Historic Brookhaven, Capital City Club is a private country club offering golf, tennis, and swimming. The newly redesigned 18-hole golf course was opened in 2009. In addition to the nearby parks, there are also other recreational facilities close to Brookhaven Lakes. The Cowart Family/Ashford Dunwoody YMCA has an indoor pool, workout room, and other facilities offers programs, classes, and hosts special community events. The YMCA soccer fields are a few seconds away from Brookhaven Lakes at the corner of Peachtree Dunwoody Rd and Windsor Pkwy. The Lynwood Recreation Center has several multi-use fields and courts, including a basketball court and a tennis court. There’s also a swimming pool, a playground, and a picnic area at the Lynwood Recreation Center.
- Home Sweet Home – Homes within the Brookhaven Lakes community are custom luxury homes with prices starting just above one million dollars. Most of the homes were built between 2001 and 2007 and they have stunning unique characteristics and high-end finishes. A few of the notable builders are John Willis and Tommy Webb along with several other custom home builders, and collectively, they built the most gorgeous homes within the Brookhaven Lakes neighborhood.
- Location – Brookhaven Lakes is located just inside of I-285. The neighborhood is north of Windsor Parkway on Peachtree Dunwoody Road. This convenient location has easy access to I-285 and GA 400 highways and is a quick hop to Buckhead or Brookhaven. Click here to see Brookhaven Lakes on the map.
- Shopping – Because of the prime location of Brookhaven Lakes, there is plenty of great shopping close by. Three major malls are only a few minutes away: Lenox Square, Phipps Plaza, and Perimeter Mall. Also in the vicinity, is the new Town Brookhaven shopping area. There are a few large retailers, such as: Publix, Marshalls, and Costco and there’s also several boutiques.
- Dining – With Brookhaven Lakes’ convenient location to Town Brookhaven, there are also many restaurants close to the neighborhood. Town Brookhaven has Flying Biscuit Café, Newk’s and Moe’s Southwestern Grill. Town Brookhaven also has two pub-style restaurants called Olde Blind Dog and There. Since Brookhaven Lakes is also close to Buckhead, residents can also take a quick drive to all of the top Atlanta restaurants located there.
- Parks – Brookhaven Lakes is located close to several parks. Chastain Park is just on the other side of GA 400 and it has tons to offer. There are concerts in the amphitheater, baseball fields, tennis courts, a horse park, a golf course, and movies in the park during the summer months. To the east of Brookhaven Lakes is Blackburn Park. This park has a playground, tennis courts, softball fields, basketball courts, soccer fields, and plenty of trails and picnic areas. Just north of the neighborhood is another smaller park called Ridgeview Park. You will find a playground, nature trails, and a picnic pavilion at the Ridgeview Park.
- Health – Brookhaven Lakes is close to some of Atlanta’s largest and best hospitals and healthcare facilities, nicknamed “Pill Hill”. Saint Joseph’s Hospital is a tertiary care hospital that has general medical and surgical facilities. Northside Hospital is also a general medical and surgical hospital and they also specialize in women’s healthcare. The pediatric specialist, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, is also located near Brookhaven Lakes. There are also numerous physician offices in the area, as well.
- Public Schools – The Brookhaven Lakes neighborhood is zoned for Fulton County public schools: High Point Elementary School, Ridgeview Charter Middle School, and Riverwood International Charter High School.
- Private Schools – There are also wonderful private schools close by. St. Martin’s Episcopal School and Our Lady of Assumption Catholic School are for students from Pre-K through 8th grade. Marist is a private Catholic college preparatory school with approximately 1,000 students from grades 7 through 12.