Brookwood Hills, in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, is a surprisingly private neighborhood in an urban setting. This upscale community is on the National Register of Historic Places and consists of approximately 370 homes with a mixture of historic homes and new construction.
Brookwood Hills is located in the 30309 zip code and has easy access to Atlanta’s major highways and attractions.
Here are the top 10 reasons we love Brookwood Hills and Buckhead.
- Location – Brookwood Hills is located in the south part of Buckhead, just north of Midtown Atlanta. Peachtree Road borders the neighborhood on the West and I-85 is along the East. This prime Atlanta area has easy access to Buckhead and Midtown via Peachtree Rd and it also has easy access to I-75, I-85 and GA 400. See a map of Brookwood Hills
- Brookwood Hills Community Club – Brookwood Hills is one of the few Atlanta Intown neighborhoods that has a private swim/tennis community club. The membership-only club has a swimming pool, two tennis courts, covered pavilion with outdoor grill, playground and a park. This common area, situated over 5 acres, serves as a central gathering place for the community all throughout the year.
- Schools – Brookwood Hills residents are zoned for Atlanta Public Schools: E Rivers Elementary, Sutton Middle School, and North Atlanta High School. North Atlanta High School is building a new campus to be completed for the 2013-2014 school year. There are several private schools in the area, as well.
- Shopping – To the north of the Brookwood Hills neighborhood lies the Peachtree Battle Shopping Center and the Peachtree Battle Promenade with shopping and restaurants including Talbots, Chico’s, Festivity, Izzy Maternity and Frolic Boutique. There is also a Publix grocery store and Fresh Market. Brookwood Hills is also conveniently located near Lenox Square, Phipps Plaza, and Atlantic Station for additional shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Dining – Brookwood Square is located just north of Brookwood Hills on Peachtree Road. It houses several restaurants including Houston’s and Cafe Sunflower. Also close by you will find Varasano’s Pizzeria, Starfish, Benihana, and Another Broken Egg. Head south on Peachtree and you will find Brookwood Place with Viking Kitchen Store and Tuk Tuk Thai Food Loft. Other delicious restaurants nearby are Watershed, Uncle Julio’s, R Thomas, Ted’s Montana Grill, and Café Intermezzo.
- History – Brookwood Hills was the site of several major battles during the Civil War and it’s on the National Register of Historic Places. The most notable historical event to take place in Brookwood Hills was the Battle of Peachtree Creek in 1864.
- Parks and Gardens – Atlanta’s Piedmont Park is a favorite intown park for for joggers, walkers and cyclists. There are numerous festivals held in Piedmont Park throughout the year. Atlanta Beltline now connects Piedmont Park with walking and jogging paths to neighborhoods throughout Atlanta. The Atlanta Botanical Garden is also nearby and it offers visitors a relaxed setting while touring the beautiful grounds and gardens. Brookwood Hills has convenient access to the Clear Creek Nature Preserve that is owned by the Brookwood Hills Community Club.
- Health and Wellness – One of Atlanta’s premier hospitals, Piedmont Hospital, is located within minutes of Brookwood Hills. Shepherd Center is also located close by. There are many top Atlanta doctors with offices near the hospital, as well. The Brookwood Hills area also has several fitness centers nearby, such as: CrossFit, Active Sol Yoga and Workout Anytime.
- Museums – With it’s convenient drive to Midtown via Peachtree Road, Brookwood Hills residents can take advantage of being near the High Museum of Art. The High Museum of Art hosts exhibits of world-famous artists and it also has frequent programs and events for children and adults of all ages. Also nearby is the Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia and the Center for Puppetry Arts.
- Fox Theatre & Woodruff Arts Center – The Fox Theatre is an Atlanta landmark and hosts events throughout the year including concerts, films and plays. Woodruff Arts Center also hosts events throughout the year and is located next to the High Museum.
Learn more about Buckhead and see Buckhead homes for sale.