Haynes Manor is located in Buckhead in the 30305 zip code and is graced with a beautiful entrance to the neighborhood along Peachtree Battle Avenue.
The neighborhood has a European feel with manor homes of English and French styles along with new constructions homes with large generous lots on tree-lined streets. Originally developed in the 1920’s, Haynes Manor homes range in price from $600,000 to over $5 million.
Here are the top 10 reasons why we love Haynes Manor and Buckhead.
- Haynes Manor Park – Haynes Manor Park is approximately 5.1 acres and it is located just south of Peachtree Battle Ave, and east of Northside Drive The PATH Foundation is currently developing a multi-use trail that will connect Haynes Manor Park and downtown Atlanta with a trail ending at Georgia Tech. The Atlanta BeltLine project, that connects metro Atlanta via bike and jogging trails, has their Northside BeltLine Park near the Haynes Manor neighborhood. The Northside Trail goes through nearby Taynard Creek Park, and it also connects to two other preexisting trails. It is one of the most scenic parts of the Atlanta BeltLine.
- Shopping – Haynes Manor residents can take advantage of its close proximity to Buckhead, which is known for having some of the best shopping in the Southeast. There are plenty of small, local boutiques and two large malls. Lenox Square Mall offers chain and department stores such as: Macy’s, Bloomingdales, and Neiman Marcus. Phipps Plaza has high-end retailers and Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom and Belk are also located in the mall. The Peachtree Battle shopping center offers stores such as: Talbots, Chico’s, Festivity, Izzy Maternity, Paper Affair, and Frolic Boutique. There is also a Publix grocery store and Fresh Market. Also near the neighborhood, is the Atlanta’s Luxury Shopping area, The Shops Buckhead|Atlanta.
- Dining – Haynes Manor homeowners have plenty of dining options within minutes of their neighborhood. Buckhead is a top go-to place for dining in Atlanta and it is home to some of the best award-winning restaurants. Along Peachtree Ave there are tons of restaurants: Houston’s, Cafe Sunflower, Varasano’s Pizzeria, Starfish, Benihana, and Another Broken Egg. A little further south on Peachtree there is Tuk Tuk Thai Food Loft, Watershed, Uncle Julio’s, R Thomas, Ted’s Montana Grill, and Café Intermezzo. To the north of Haynes Manor, the Buckhead Life Restaurant Group offers some of the top restaurants in Atlanta, including Chops | Lobster Bar, Pricci, Bistro Niko, Kyma, Atlanta Fish Market, and Corner Cafe. For private events, 103 West is a great spot and Bone’s Steakhouse also has private dining rooms. Other small and charming restaurants in Buckhead are Anis Cafe & Bistro and Antica Posta.
- Atlanta Memorial Park – Nestled along Peachtree Creek, Atlanta Memorial Park is approximately 199 acres. Roughly 70 acres of undeveloped land in the park are designated for recreational use. Joggers and walkers can enjoy a 1.6 mile loop on a path around the park. There is also a dog park with plenty of additional space to play fetch with your pup.
- History – Haynes Manor in Buckhead is named after Eugene V. Haynes, a Real Estate developer, who began marketing the 200-acre area of land in 1929. The original vision of Haynes Manor was to be a beautiful neighborhood where residents could be free from the congested city streets of busy downtown Atlanta. The homes in the neighborhood were built as traditional manors and some of those homes have been restored and updated with today’s amenities, while other homes have been torn down and reconstructed. The neighborhood also holds substantial historical significance; it was the site of the Battle of Peachtree Creek during the civil war in 1864.
- Golf – Two Atlanta golf courses are located within minutes of the Haynes Manor neighborhood. The Bobby Jones Golf Course, named after the world famous top golfer, is an 18-hole public golf course. The course was built in 1932 and it was recently updated with new greens. There are two clubhouses that have space to host meetings, weddings, and special golf outings. Also nearby is the Cross Creek Golf Course that is open to the public. Visitors don’t even need to call ahead for a tee time! Cross Creek is an 18-hole par three golf course with a proshop, on-site golf pro, and a bar and restaurant. There are also tennis courts, multiple swimming pools, health club, and banquet facilities; however, you must be a resident of the Cross Creek community to enjoy those amenities.
- Bitsy Grant Tennis – Named after an Atlanta sports legend, the Bitsy Grant Tennis Center is just south of Haynes Manor. It is a City of Atlanta recreation facility that was built in 1952 and it has hosted several national and sectional championships throughout the years. The Center has 13 clay and 10 hard courts. They offer weekly clinics and lessons for players of all levels. The center also hosts round robins and even Fall and Summer ALTA boot camps. Courts are generally available on a first-come-first served basis, so no reservations are required.
- Health and Wellness – One of Atlanta’s premier hospitals, Piedmont Hospital, is located within minutes of Haynes Manor. The Shepherd Center is also located close by. There are many top Atlanta doctors with offices near the hospital, as well. The Haynes Manor area also has several fitness centers nearby, such as: CrossFit (both the Peachtree and North Atlanta locations are nearby), Active Sol Yoga and Workout Anytime.
- Location – This prime Buckhead location, close to Peachtree Battle Shopping Center and close proximity to downtown Atlanta adds value to this residential neighborhood. The beautiful community is filled with tree-lined streets and rolling hills, and there is an abundance of amenities nearby. Its convenient location to I-75, I-85, and GA 400 give residents easy access to every area of Atlanta. Click here to see Haynes Manor on the map.
- Schools – Haynes Manor is zoned for Atlanta Public Schools: E. Rivers Elementary School, Sutton Middle School, and North Atlanta High School. E. Rivers is an International Baccalaureate World School and North Atlanta High School. Also in the area are several outstanding private schools. Pace Academy and Westminster are pre-K through 12th grade, and the Atlanta International School is grades K – 12 with an International Baccalaureate curriculum.
Read more about the history of Haynes Manor.