Located in the heart of Buckhead, Kingswood is a sought-after neighborhood with large estate homes along with new construction.
Located off West Paces Ferry Road, just west of the Governor’s Mansion, Kingswood is in Atlanta zip code of 30327 with close proximity to Atlanta’s best private schools.
Here are the top 10 reasons we love Kingswood and the Buckhead area.
- Location – Situated north of West Paces Ferry between Northside Parkway and Peachtree Road, Kingswood neighborhood is in the northwest area of Buckhead. Residents have easy access to I-75 to the west and GA 400 to the east. See map of Kingswood.
- Shopping – Buckhead shopping offers small, local boutiques along with two large malls, Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square Mall. Kingswood is also close enough to downtown Vinings to enjoy the quaint open air shopping at Vinings Jubilee.
- Dining – There are dining options in close proximity both east and west of Kingswood. To the west at the intersection of Northside Parkway and West Paces Ferry, enjoy Houston’s, OK Cafe, Starbucks, Goldberg’s Bagels & Deli, Flying Biscuit Cafe, Caribou Coffee and Blue Ridge Grill. Chops Lobster Bar, J Christopher’s, Seasons 52 and Coast Seafood can all be found at the corner of West Paces Ferry and Peachtree Road.
- Private Schools – The Westminster School, Pace Academy, The Galloway School, Holy Spirit Preparatory School, The Lovett School and the Trinity School are top Atlanta private schools with campuses close to Kingswood.
- Chastain Memorial Park and Chastain Park Amphitheater – Chastain Park is a 268-acre park includes jogging paths, playgrounds, tennis courts, a golf course, swimming pool, private horse park and amphitheater. Located in the park is the Chastain Park Amphitheater, an outdoor concert venue that operates from April through October. Chastain Park is located a few blocks northeast of Kingswood.
- Kingswood Homeowners Association – Voluntary dues to the Kingswood Homeowners Association, go towards island landscaping maintenance, security patrol and neighborhood social events throughout the year including a Halloween party and holiday party.
- Public Schools – Kingswood residents are zoned for Atlanta Public Schools: Warren T Jackson Elementary, Sutton Middle School and Atlanta North High School. Jackson Elementary is a National Blue Ribbon School and Georgia School of Excellence. Jackson Elementary, Sutton Middle and Atlanta North are all International Baccalaureate World schools.
- Governor’s Mansion – Governor Nathan Deal and his wife, Sandra, are neighbors of Kingswood. The beautifully maintained Governor’s estate is found at 391 West Paces Ferry Rd NW. Public tours of the Governor’s Mansion are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursday between 10:00am – 11:30am. Tours are free and are conducted year round. Children in Atlanta love attending the annual Easter Egg Hunt hosted by Georgia’s First Lady on the Governor’s Mansion grounds.
- Atlanta History Center – 33 acres of gardens, wildlife trails and woodland areas are found at the Atlanta History Center in Buckhead at 130 West Paces Ferry Road NW. Exhibits include the Civil War, African-American heritage, Southern folk art and the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games. The center offers summer camps, lecture series, and annual festivals.
- Golf Courses – Within 4 miles of Kingswood, residents can take advantage of three different golf courses. Bobby Jones Golf Course is a public, 18-hole golf course located at 384 Woodward Way, Atlanta, GA 30305. Located in the heart of Chastain Park, the public North Fulton Golf Course is at 216 W. Wieuca Road. Although Cross Creek Golf Course is located in the gated neighborhood, Cross Creek, it is open to the public. Cross Creek Golf Course is located at 1221 Cross Creek Parkway NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30327.
Learn more about the Buckhead area of Atlanta, Georgia.