Oak Grove is located in Decatur, GA 30345, close to Clairemont Avenue between Lavista Road and Briarcliff Road. With excellent schools, mature landscaping and large 1/2 acre+ lots, many older homes in this area have renovated, others have been torn down to make room for larger new construction homes.
The Oak Grove area includes many popular neighborhoods including Leafmore, Diamond Head, Echo Lake, Meadowcliff, Oak Grove Estates, Oak Grove Preserve, Valhalla and many more. Fred Milani built many of the new construction homes in the Oak Grove area.
Search for all Oak Grove area homes for sale:
Here are the top 10 reasons we love Oak Grove and the Decatur area.
- Outstanding Schools – Oak Grove residents are zoned for Oak Grove Elementary, Henderson Middle School and recently renovated, Lakeside High School. The schools are part of the DeKalb County School System and all three schools are award winning schools. Oak Grove Elementary has been recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence; Henderson Middle School was named best middle school in DeKalb County in 2010 by Atlanta Magazine; and Lakeside High School has been recognized as a Georgia and National School of Excellence and in 2005 and 2008, it appeared in the Newsweek Nation’s Best High Schools.
- Dynamo Swim Club – A swimming facility that offers swim lessons, competitive teams, non-competitive juniors program. The swim schools offers lessons from 6 months to adult. Dynamo Swim Club offers two locations, Chamblee and Alpharetta.
- Twin Lakes Swim and Tennis – This private swim and tennis facility is located at 2481 Briarlake Road, Atlanta, Ga 30345. Twin Lakes Swim and Tennis offers 6 tennis courts, swimming pool with slide and diving board, children’s pool, playground, picnic areas with gas grills, and a sand volleyball court. Twin Lakes also has year-round tennis teams, swim teams and social events.
- Heritage Golf Links – Located in nearby Tucker, Georgia, Heritage Golf Links is a semi-private golf club that is surrounded by homes. The course views include mature trees, streams, rolling hills, and a 20 acre lake. Heritage Golf Links has a lighted driving range, practice facility and PGA/LPGA teaching staff. Because of the beautiful views from the clubhouse, Heritage Golf Links is a great place to hold a wedding or intimate affair.
- Restaurants – Whether it’s a quick slice of pizza, to watch a sports game or to play a round of trivia with friends, Mo’s Pizza has been Oak Grove residents’ top pick for years. The Oak Grove Shopping Center at the southwest corner of Oak Grove Road and LaVista Road, has Taqueria El Vecina, and The Grove. Just up LaVista Road, Fellini’s Pizza and Napoleon’s Grill can be found in the Vista Grove Plaza Shopping Center. A new favorite, Sprig Restaurant and Bar is a locally owned and operated restaurant offering delicious plates created for the season.
- Annual Events – Decatur has fun events year round. Events include Decatur Green Fest, Decatur Arts Festival, Decatur Beach Party, Pied Piper Parade, Concert and Fireworks, Decatur Garden Tour, Great Decatur Beer Tasting Festival, Decatur Wine Tasting Festival and Decatur Holiday Candlelight Tour of Homes.
- Northlake Mall – With JCPenney, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Sears along with over 100 specialty stores, Northlake Mall has something for everyone. Once you work up an appetite, Northlake’s Food Garden has restaurants to satisfy your palate. You’ll find Chick-fil-A, American Deli, Baja Bistro, Mandarin Express, Sbarro’s and more. Northlake Mall is situated east of Oak Grove at 4800 Briarcliff Road.
- DeKalb Farmers Market – At DeKalb Farmers Market, you will discover fresh produce at bargain prices, spices from around the world, unique cheeses and seafood in live tanks. People from all over Atlanta and surrounding suburbs flock to DeKalb Farmers Market to stock their kitchen with delectable foods. Because of this, you can expect large crowds at any time. The DeKalb Farmers Market is located at 3000 E Ponce De Leon Avenue, Decatur, Georgia 30033.
- Stone Mountain Park – Stone Mountain Park is close by with year round activities and more than 3,200 acres of natural beauty. Ride the train, paddle the paddle boats, watch the laser show, picnic and hike to the top of the mountain for a spectacular view.
- Location – Close to the Briarcliff Road and Clairmont Road intersection, Oak Grove has easy access to Interstate 85 and I-285 which allow residents a quick route to Midtown Atlanta, Downtown Atlanta and the Northeast suburbs. Although Oak Grove is Decatur, it is in close proximity of areas such as Druid Hills, Buckhead and Brookhaven giving residents an opportunity to explore each individual area. See a map of Oak Grove.