Glen Abbey is a swim/tennis community with resort-like amenities designed by Jim Cowart, located in the 30022 zip code of Alpharetta, Georgia.
Glen Abbey is just minutes from shopping and dining and has easy access to GA 400 from Haynes Bridge (exit 9) and Old Milton Parkway (exit 10).
Here are the top 10 reasons we love Glen Abbey and the Alpharetta area.
- Tennis – Glen Abbey has eleven lighted tennis courts and offers competitive tennis teams with both ALTA and USTA. To help improve tennis skills, residents can use the services of a resident pro and multiple assistant pros.
- Swimming – A children’s splash park and lap pool make up the pool facilities. The pool is used for the neighborhood swim team, Glen Abbey Gators, and also for open swim.
- Big Creek Greenway – A short bike ride from Glen Abbey will give you another 6.1 miles of trails to ride in the Big Creek Greenway. The Greenway features a 12-foot wide concrete path through the woods that is perfect for bicyclists along with walkers, joggers, roller bladers, strollers, and wheelchairs.
- Amphitheatre at Encore Park – Located on beautifully-landscaped, wooded acres in Alpharetta, the 12,000-seat Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park offers Abbey Glen music lovers an impressive outdoor venue a short drive from the neighborhood.
- Shopping & Dining – Just a short distance from Glen Abbey residents take advantage of the hub of Alpharetta shopping along North Point Drive from Mansell Road to Haynes Bridge Road. In this short stretch, there are two movie theaters, a large mall, numerous restaurants and tons of stores in strip malls. Restaurants include California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, TGI Fridays, Panera Bread and Bahama Breeze. Discount department stores such as Marshalls, Ross, Target and TJ Maxx are in the mix of smaller shops like Talbots, Ann Taylor Loft and Crate and Barrel and DSW Shoes. Northpoint Mall is anchored by Macy’s, Dillards, JCPenney and Sears and has a large array of specialty stores.
- Excellent Schools – Resident children attend top Fulton County Schools: New Prospect Elementary School, Webb Bridge Middle School, Alpharetta High School.
- Clubhouse – With a full kitchen, a fireplace, and a large space, the Clubhouse is perfect for quaint gatherings, social events and neighborhood meetings. The Clubhouse is a great amenity for Glen Abbey. It is located at 3600 Grey Abbey Drive, Alpharetta, Georgia.
- Playgrounds and Recreation – Neighborhood children will enjoy two playgrounds known at the Tot Lots. A basketball court, walking trail, and the Clubhouse’s fitness center, will keep residents active.
- Glen Abbey Home Owners Association -Glen Abbey has an active Home Owners Association with Social and Civic Committees.
- Location – Glen Abbey is close to large employers such as Northside Alpharetta Medical Campus, Ryder Logistics & Transport, Oracle, ADP, UPS, Georgia-Pacific, Siemens, Hertz and Alcatel-Lucent. Conveniently located east of Georgia 400 between exits 9 (Haynes Bridge) and exit 10 (Old Milton Parkway, residents have easy access to the main commuting highway to Perimeter, Buckhead and Downtown Atlanta. Just up the road of Glen Abbey, along Northpoint Parkway, resident have access to the large array of shopping and dining. See map of Glen Abbey.